Favorite Bills Photo

This is one my all-time very favorite Bills photos.  Saban, Gogolak, Kemp and Carlton...1965. The year I was born. I never saw any of these guys play, but their names, and images are a big part of my coscience....  I know them more from old football cards, and my father and uncles talking about them my whole childhood. My OJ era teams, in their opinion, couldnt hold a candle to these guys.

See the source image

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

image.png.b5c85d961510a1e144b7e21e178fabaf.png

I was living in NYC in the late 80's and early 90's.  I swear, the week of Super Bowl XXV, the Village Voice ran a column, essentially saying that the Bills were the only true New York team.  The writer was making the point that sophisticated NY sports media were acting like the Bills, and their fans were rubes. The writer picked the Bills to win the game, and said that the more ***** NYC sports people talked about the Bills, the sweeter the victory would be.  The Bills were a "special" team, and only their fans knew it...but the world would know soon enough.  The article was accompanied by a black and white photo of Cornelius Bennett, dressed in the Bills all-white road uniforms of that time, coming out of the tunnel in some NFL stadium somewhere..in the bacround you can see fans giving him *****.  He is crossing his hands over his chest,in an "X" , with both middle fingers flipping off the fans.  I have been searching 30 years for that photo, and never had any luck. It was a fantastic image.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

19E25B4D-729B-466A-AB9E-04E02961E14E.jpeg

I had that poster plus the one with Conlan and Bennett.

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Theres quite a few famous pics of our team over the years.  Im putting some Bills stuff up in a new room and it got me thinking what my fav Bills Bills photos were....... im going to post my two, anyone want to play along?

kyle3.JPG

croppedfg.jpg

That's me in the white hat in the bottom left corner.  Incredible game. I watched the game from the sideline holding the camera for Sports Illustrated.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It will always be the Paul Costa diving catch against the Patriots. It was one of a series of I think 6 photos you had to send away for. That photo hung on my bedroom wall for many years.

20201125_052440.jpg

Edited by jkx2
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I had that poster plus the one with Conlan and Bennett.

That's me in the white hat in the bottom left corner.  Incredible game. I watched the game from the sideline holding the camera for Sports Illustrated.  

Ethan, on the fandemonium pic where you’re in it, was that the Jets win where Smerlas blocked the kick, and we won the AFCE in 88, or one of the other games?  Wondering only in that I was on the goal post for that game for all of 7 seconds until too many were trying to use me to climb up and I eventually came flying off (after I smacked my jaw against the post on the way down).  I didn’t care as it was just too much fun.  Anyway, thanks for sharing.  This thread is great, and brings back very fond memories.

• Like (+1) 2