For 2001: A Space Odessey fans

PromoTheRobot

Lol...I just put this in the UFO thread.

Definitely an interesting piece. I assume they'll remove it, but it would be awesome if they were good sports and left it there.

I also assume there's a reason behind the orientation of the points on the triangle. I wonder if anyone has investigated that out of curiosity.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:36 PM, LeGOATski said:

Definitely an interesting piece. I assume they'll remove it, but it would be awesome if they were good sports and left it there.

I heard they are not reporting where it is to keep people from going, because it’s in a dangerous spot.  I’m gonna assume that’s it’s more for the people that are not hikers.  Heck, here in the Adirondacks there was one person that had to be rescued three times this year.  

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I heard they are not reporting where it is to keep people from going, because it’s in a dangerous spot.  I’m gonna assume that’s it’s more for the people that are not hikers.  Heck, here in the Adirondacks there was one person that had to be rescued three times this year.  

That bill has to suck.

An Arizona news channel found it on Google maps and gave out the exact location 🤦‍♂️. Video is in the UFO thread.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That bill has to suck.

And that's the issue, here in NY, they don't charge for rescues. There's been a lot of debate on some of the FB hiking pages I follow, most people say they should charge, because most of the rescues are for people unprepared to be hiking in the mountains. 

30 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And that's the issue, here in NY, they don't charge for rescues. There's been a lot of debate on some of the FB hiking pages I follow, most people say they should charge, because most of the rescues are for people unprepared to be hiking in the mountains. 

Someone who has needed to be rescued 3 times in one year should not be allowed out of the house!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the movie from start to finish, just small parts here and there. 

Edited by Augie

40 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Here in the desert people have to be rescued every summer (and sometimes even in "winter") due to dehydration. I'm pretty sure they have to foot the bill. Maybe just for the fuel...

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Someone who has needed to be rescued 3 times in one year should not be allowed out of the house!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the movie from start to finish, just small parts here and there. 

This was her latest rescue...

Lost Syracuse hiker rescued after several cold nights in Adirondack High Peaks Wilderness - newyorkupstate.com

On 11/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, Just Jack said:

Same in New Hampshire, especially in the White Mountains. Ill-equiped morons need rescuing almost weekly. If it's judged your stupidity is the cause, you get a bill.

By the way, the monolith vanished.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55119940

On 11/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, Doc said:

Funny.  I just watched the movie again for the first time in decades last weekend.  I was amazed at the special effects, even more so given it was 1968. 

The special effects absolutely still stand up!  I have this movie somewhere in my personal top 5 films of all time.  It's a nearly flawless gem, similar to The Godfather.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.