What are two teams you don't want to play the first round of the playoffs and two that you do?

Buffalo03

Don't want to play Titans or Browns. Titans obviously first in that list because I think they are a similar level team to Buffalo and with a style we don't match up great against. 

The Browns are the mini Titans to me. Power run game, opportunistic defense and a passing game that operates mainly off play action. All things I think the Bills struggle a bit with. We are a better team than Cleveland but I don't love the match up. 

I'd happily take the Dolphins, Raiders or Colts at home.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tenny won that game with close to 3 weeks off prior to it.

The went 5-0 and Buffalo went to 4-1.  Now Buffalo is 7-3 and Tenny is 7-3.

Seems Tenny has lost more games in that stretch. 

Buffalo - KC L, JETS W, NE W, Seattle W and an AZ Hail Mary L

Tenny - Hou W, Pitt L, Cinci L, Chi W, Indy L and Lamar limited Cravens W.  Cinci a competitive team, no doubt,  that had 1 win against the Jags and a TIE against the Eagles. 

Miami - Tua or Fitz?  Now that is the real question.  

Cleveland ???  Faker Mayfield?  

Cravens?  

All a concern, but not anywhere near a guaranteed Loss

5 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Does the Browns running game not scare you?

I wouldn't mind playing the Colts or Ravens 2 offense that look like they struggle at times

Non of these QBs scare me 

I am worried about the Browns run game but that's all they really have. I'm not worried about Baker at all. If we can focus our game completely on stopping the run and succeed then we will win that game, hands down.

Tannehill, while not great, scares me more than Baker does. I also am more afraid of AJ Brown over any WR on that Browns team. Also, having Derrick Henry in the backfield is scary as well. 

I feel you can stop the run of the Browns and beat them. The Titans, I don't think you can necessarily do the same thing

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

For me I want no part of playing the Titans in the first round. That's a scary team and very physical. I also don't wanna play the Raiders in the first round either. Both teams are gonna be tough outs in the playoffs

The two I do wanna play are the Browns or the Dolphins. I feel we can definitely handle either one of these teams and would allow us good momentum for the next round

Not playing this game.  We had an ideal matchup last year and look how that turned out...

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't want to play Titans or Browns. Titans obviously first in that list because I think they are a similar level team to Buffalo and with a style we don't match up great against. 

The Browns are the mini Titans to me. Power run game, opportunistic defense and a passing game that operates mainly off play action. All things I think the Bills struggle a bit with. We are a better team than Cleveland but I don't love the match up. 

I'd happily take the Dolphins, Raiders or Colts at home.

Ok so I’m not the only one that doesn’t wanna see the browns. 

that line and those 2 backs vs our run d? No thanks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Among likely playoff opponents in round 1: I'll play the Browns and Baker with a rookie coach anytime, anywhere. I'll also play a trending downward Ravens team with Greg Roman unable to adjust to teams playing his offense with smaller, quicker guys.

Want no part of the Raiders right now, Carr and Gruden would be a scary matchup with that offense. Indy scares me as well, that offensive line and defense is capable of giving us trouble in certain areas.

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I don't want to play anyone. Cancel the season now, declare the Bills the Champs, start the parade down Delaware Ave

you can do better

We gotta shake this tip toe mentality.  I want the Titans in the first round. 

There were so many self-inflicted wounds in that first matchup withTennessee, plus key injuries.. and we still had a shot to beat them.

If we knock out Tennessee in the first round, there's no doubt in my mind that we will be headed straight to the Super Bowl. High Risk Highest Reward matchup!

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ok so I’m not the only one that doesn’t wanna see the browns. 

that line and those 2 backs vs our run d? No thanks. 

And the heavy dose of play action. The Browns are Tennessee lite. Anyone who wants to avoid Tennessee but wants to play the Browns is a bit incoherent IMO. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the heavy dose of play action. The Browns are Tennessee lite. Anyone who wants to avoid Tennessee but wants to play the Browns is a bit incoherent IMO. 

Yup. It’s not a quality of opponent issue, it’s a matchup issue.  Also those are physical teams. The Iggles seemed to be scraping a player off the field every other play last Sunday.  Even a win could be costly.

The Steelers and Ravens defenses are physical too obviously.  The AFC crown is going to be a physically demanding journey. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

It’d be nice to play the Dolphins here two week in a row, especially if week 17 is effectively a bye for us and we play scrubs.  The Raiders are my other choice.  Both are high win probability games and neither is so imposing that we should get beat up in the process.  We can then head into playoff game 2 healthy and reasonably rested. 

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't understand the fear for the Titans at all. Yes we lost but the score was not indicative of how the game went.  We played them without Smoke, Tre or Milano. They played the field possession game to the fullest and to their credit took advantage. That interception off Roberts hands the opening drive didn't help. Henry rushed for only 57 yards and Tannehill threw for less than 200. AJ Brown will not abuse Tre like he did Norman and Taron. Plus all the Covid bs and rearranging of scheduling didn't help our cause prep wise.

I think we match up well against them and I'd welcome a rematch, especially in Buffalo.

Do's: Browns, Titans, Dolphins

Don'ts: Ravens, Raiders, Colts

Yeah I rewatched the Titans game and everything that could go wrong went wrong. I think we'd win that game 8 times out of 10

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

For me I want no part of playing the Titans in the first round. That's a scary team and very physical. I also don't wanna play the Raiders in the first round either. Both teams are gonna be tough outs in the playoffs

The two I do wanna play are the Browns or the Dolphins. I feel we can definitely handle either one of these teams and would allow us good momentum for the next round

I disagree about the Browns. Their entire offense is predicated on their outstanding run game and we are awful at stopping the run. They also have a very good dline and D in general. 

I agree about the Titans. Id like to avoid them. 

But thats part of being a playoff team, you have to play good teams.