Future of AFC Quarterbacks...it'll be a gauntlet every year!!!

Hebert19

Has anyone taken the time to look at the AFC vs NFC young GOOD QBs?   There are like 10 QBs that allen will be battling for the next 10 years.  

Mahomes

Jackson

Burrows

Herbert

Tua

Lawrence (likely)

Watson 

Mayfield 

Plus relatively young guys like Carr and Tannehill.  

Meanwhile in NFC...you got potential busts like Haskins and Jones.  Old timers like brees Brady and rogers.  Soon to he older like Wilson Stafford and Ryan. 

What is there for young and GOOD?   Murray?   Dak if he ever comes back the same.  

It is a huge discrepancy between future of AFC and NFC.   Cap management is going to be key to keep us competitive.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Has anyone taken the time to look at the AFC vs NFC young GOOD QBs?   There are like 10 QBs that allen will be battling for the next 10 years.  

Mahomes

Jackson

Burrows

Herbert

Tua

Lawrence (likely)

Watson 

Mayfield 

Meanwhile in NFC...you got potential busts like Haskins and Jones.  Old timers like brees Brady and rogers.  Soon to he older like Wilson Stafford and Ryan. 

What is there for young and GOOD?   Murray?   Dak if he ever comes back the same.  

It is a huge discrepancy between future of AFC and NFC.   Cap management is going to be key to keep us competitive.  

Why is Tua and Burrow on there? Even Lawrence we wont know for a while.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why is Tua and Burrow on there? Even Lawrence we wont know for a while.

number 1 and 5 overall picks? Lawrence likely number 1 overall to the Jets.  Shouldn't be hard to understand. Burrow looked impressive on a bad team.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm in the minority, but I never thought Jackson would be a long-term star. I would take him off your list, along with Mayfield, who is already turning out to be mediocre. But Watson is the real thing, along with Burrow and Herbert. Too early to tell about Tua. Both Carr and Tannehill are really good. I'm biased, of course, but I think Mahomes and Allen will turn out to be a cut above all of them. But you're right: The best young QBs are concentrated in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

number 1 and 5 overall picks? Lawrence likely number 1 overall to the Jets.  Shouldn't be hard to understand. Burrow looked impressive on a bad team.

I know but Burrows injury is very bad. Tua has not shown anything other than the ability to be replaced by Fitz of all people. As of right now who knows if either will be around in a few years or alone 10...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This.  

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I know but Burrows injury is very bad. Tua has not shown anything other than the ability to be replaced by Fitz of all people. As of right now who knows if either will be around in a few years or alone 10...

So take a couple off.  Murray vs 9.  Afc is still a ***** show. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Mahomes

Jackson

Burrows

Herbert

Tua

Lawrence (likely)

Watson 

Mayfield 

Don't forget about the biggest bust Wentz. NF wins them the championship and they cut him and give a huge contract to Wentz. If they cut him he will count 50 million against the cap next year talk about dumb. 

Herbert is going to be a stud qb. If we didn't have Allen I would love to have him in Buffalo.

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I have Watson as a top 15 qb but not super elite    He’s too immobile and he’s kind of a Bledsoe back there.  Doesn’t sense the rush all that well. His teams will always have to shell out franchise tackle money. His career sack percentage is poor. 

huh?! 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Mahomes

Jackson

Burrows

Herbert

Tua

Lawrence (likely)

Watson 

Mayfield 

Tua and Baker to me are question marks. I could see Cleveland giving Baker a second contract yet he's an Eli Manning as he's good but not a top end guy and might not have the clutch gene Eli seemed to have. Lamar likely stays in Baltimore but if their defense starts to level off he might not amount to being middle of the road type.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Tua and Baker to me are question marks. I could see Cleveland giving Baker a second contract yet he's  an Eli Manning type in he's good but not a guy a top end guy and might not have the clutch gene Eli seemed to have.

Agree.  But tua has already won as many games as haskins and Jones.  :)

I see Jackson on a downward trajectory. Tua has done absolutely nothing (and just got benched).

But yes, there have been many good QB's enter the league the past few years. It's a relief, actually. For the longest time there were no young guys coming up to replace the old legends like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. Now we finally have a good crop of young guns.

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Mayfield kinda sucks. Just sayin. And Tua hasn't proven anything.

I think Mayfield is competent, and he is always a threat to have things click and have a big game.