Snow game

HomeTeam

4 hours ago, BubbaT said:

With the passing offense we have, I don't want a snow game (or a wind game, or a rain game). 50 degrees, sunny, no wind, rain or snow will be fine

This may sound sacrilegious but if the Bills want to win a SB with Josh Allen they will need a new domed stadium.  We saw how he struggled in bad weather and how great he was with no wind or rain. If it's built, the Lombardi will follow. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

5 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Do you guys think we will get a snow game this year?

Between the Chargers, Steelers and dolphins, that is our last chance to host a snow game unless of course we host a playoff game. 

I'm always a big fan of snow games. 

What are your thoughts? Do you guys like snow games? What about a snow game in the playoffs? I imagine that would be a disadvantage to the way this team is built in terms of its strengths. 

There’s always a chance in Buffalo, bro!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I'd love some wind and snow and think it would absolutely be an advantage for us.

Considering how Allen's throws cut through wind and the fact that he played for years in Wyoming I think we could execute facets of our offense that other teams wouldn't be able to.

Watching our corners be able to sit on routes while Allen is still able to sling 20 yrd outs gives us a decided advantage.

Probably not against Herbert. He and Allen are carbon copies of each other.

6 hours ago, jkx2 said:

Snow games are the best. December 2002, Bills vs Dolphins. Sun out not a bad day. Ricky Williams breaks off two long TD runs on Miami's 1st 2 possessions. By the 3rd quarter Bills down 21-17 and not looking good. And if sent by God a lake effect snow storm rolled in. The place went crazy. Any Bills players with sleeves were having them torn off by other players.  Jim Kelly was on the sidelines going nuts, steam rising from his head as he jumped in the crowd. The ENTIRE  stadium was singing "Let it Snow" 

From the first flake on Miami never knew what hit them. The Bills steamed rolled  them for 21 straight point as the Dolphins shivered by their heaters. It was an unbelieveable experience and the snow had everything to do with it.

January 3rd I want Tua Tagovailoa in a sea of white.i doubt he's ever seen snow more or less played in it. He'll be crapping snow balls and it will be magical. 

Was there with my Dad and Brother.  Still one of the best Bills games I've ever been to.  Right there with beating the Patriots in 2011

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, jkx2 said:

Snow games are the best. December 2002, Bills vs Dolphins. Sun out not a bad day. Ricky Williams breaks off two long TD runs on Miami's 1st 2 possessions. By the 3rd quarter Bills down 21-17 and not looking good. And if sent by God a lake effect snow storm rolled in. The place went crazy. Any Bills players with sleeves were having them torn off by other players.  Jim Kelly was on the sidelines going nuts, steam rising from his head as he jumped in the crowd. The ENTIRE  stadium was singing "Let it Snow" 

From the first flake on Miami never knew what hit them. The Bills steamed rolled  them for 21 straight point as the Dolphins shivered by their heaters. It was an unbelieveable experience and the snow had everything to do with it.

January 3rd I want Tua Tagovailoa in a sea of white.i doubt he's ever seen snow more or less played in it. He'll be crapping snow balls and it will be magical. 

Ahhh Memories.....I was at that game singing along!!!  Good times!

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, jkx2 said:

While there have been many snow games, this one and the Colts game from 2017 were the two that came to mind when I saw the topic. This one was the social event of the Christmas season back in 02. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Snow bowl was the most fun and unique game I've ever attended.  Especially beacuse it didnt really effect the tailgate.  It really opened up around noon.  I stayed to the very end so the ride home wasn't bad either as so many left early and the snow subsided a bit by then.

But that 4 hours during the game? Never experienced anything like it.

I was there too and I couldnt see the field the entire first half. We sit 20 rows from the field. I heard cheers and thats the only way I knew a play happened.

My phone froze and I couldnt get it to turn back on until late that night!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Do you guys think we will get a snow game this year?

Between the Chargers, Steelers and dolphins, that is our last chance to host a snow game unless of course we host a playoff game. 

I'm always a big fan of snow games. 

What are your thoughts? Do you guys like snow games? What about a snow game in the playoffs? I imagine that would be a disadvantage to the way this team is built in terms of its strengths. 

I don't snow.

14 hours ago, BubbaT said:

With the passing offense we have, I don't want a snow game (or a wind game, or a rain game). 50 degrees, sunny, no wind, rain or snow will be fine

I too looooooooove snow games. Loved the last one with the Shady TD in OT. But indeed, Bills are made to pass so we can wait till another year :)

16 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I too looooooooove snow games. Loved the last one with the Shady TD in OT. But indeed, Bills are made to pass so we can wait till another year :)

Thats the one that comes to my mind too. First thought when snowy is that the team with best run game will have advantage, but really its still a crap shoot. Trying to block/run in a foot of snow changes everything. Shady high stepping through snow up to his knees for a TD was epic!

edit: ok watching back it was above ankles but you know, exaggerations over time and all... haha

Edited by badassgixxer05
  • Like (+1) 2

I want a dome also, but those who want a dome because it fits with the Bills pass happy offense are going to be disappointed knowing that a dome is at least 4 years away, even if they decided they wanted one today.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that feasibility study the Pegula's were having done that included a new football stadium, and also renovating Key Bank Center(Sabres)?

Edited by Back the Blue

4 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

I want a dome also, but those who want a dome because it fits with the Bills pass happy offense are going to be disappointed knowing that a dome is at least 4 years away, even if they decided they wanted one today.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that feasibility study the Pegula's were having done that included a new football stadium, and also renovating Key Bank Center(Sabres)?

I'm not sure but give the current economic climate, I doubt anything is getting built in the near future. 

How come places like Soldier field, Lambeau, and Heinz Field are considered iconic stadiums while the Ralph/New Era stadium is not? What makes those stadiums so prestigious? Is it the history? It would be nice if the Bills could cultivate a home venue like that instead of going with a dome. That's just my mindset, I guess you can call me old fashioned.