Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

On 11/25/2020 at 8:32 AM, DJB said:

Very interesting thread and thank for putting it together!

But since Josh runs so much would you be able to also update the OP to include total yards? Not fair to punish Josh by not including his rush yards!!!

Thanks!

Absolutely not.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, mattynh said:

Changes to offensive philosophy, rules protecting quarterbacks and sports medicine all huge contributors here.  This is why you cannot compare QB's from different era's with stats.   This is also why I believe an argument can be made that Montana is the GOAT.

I still believe he’s the best QB ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, Gonzonzo said:

Wow, Fitz is 32 in NFL Passing Yards Career Leaders

It only took a hundred years.....look at that Old Man Time beard ;) 

On 11/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, RiotAct said:

Kerry Freakin’ Collins?  Seriously?  I wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years

He played a hundred years too ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Billeve it or not Fitz is 35th in TD's and only 48th in Int's all time

Not hard to believe.  Ryan Fitzpatrick still has has longest TD pass/reception in Bills history.

His problem always has been throwing interceptions at wrong time - he was Josh Allen before Josh Allen was Josh Allen.

Random highlight: Bills-Jaguars 2009, Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens for a 98 yard TD! (longest pass/reception of the 2009 season) 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, matter2003 said:

Going to update this thread every week to list Allen's current place and some notables that Allen will be able to pass in the upcoming game.

Current Place 223rd

With a 250 yard performance will pass:

- Arnie Herber(8 yards to pass)

- Jimmy G(9 yards)

- Tommy Maddox(54 yards)

- James Harris(103 yards)

- Pete Beathard(143 yards)

300 yard performance:

- Shaun Hill(262 yards)

- Randy Johnson(296 yards)

350 yard performance:

-None

400 yard performance:

- Rudy Bukich(400 yards)

This is ridiculous ... and I love it. Josh - Go get Rudy!

This is hilarious. But serious question. Will any team not have a record holder who has played before the last 15 years? The Fins? Maybe Broncos?  

There are going to be some whatever qbs who are going to rack numbers in the nfl.  Matthew Stafford passed Joe Montana in passing in 3 less seasons!!!

On 11/30/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

I still believe he’s the best QB ever. 

He played on an absolutely loaded 49ers team with arguably the best football player ever Jerry Rice. I hate Brady but besides Gronk and Moss for a couple of years, he had scrubs around him.  Also, I think Elway is uo there too. He carried trash Broncos teams to the SB. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is hilarious. But serious question. Will any team not have a record holder who has played before the last 15 years? The Fins? Maybe Broncos?  

There are going to be some whatever qbs who are going to rack numbers in the nfl.  Matthew Stafford passed Joe Montana in passing in 3 less seasons!!!

He played on an absolutely loaded 49ers team with arguably the best football player ever Jerry Rice. I hate Brady but besides Gronk and Moss for a couple of years, he had scrubs around him.  Also, I think Elway is uo there too. He carried trash Broncos teams to the SB. 

John Taylor on the other side was no slouch either...great deep ball threat. And Rathman out of the backfield was old reliable.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, Limeaid said:

Not hard to believe.  Ryan Fitzpatrick still has has longest TD pass/reception in Bills history.

His problem always has been throwing interceptions at wrong time - he was Josh Allen before Josh Allen was Josh Allen.

Random highlight: Bills-Jaguars 2009, Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens for a 98 yard TD! (longest pass/reception of the 2009 season) 

That was one of the few good deep balls Fitz threw as a Bill...most of them led to INTs because of how badly they were underthrown even though the WR might have had 3 or 4 yards on the DB.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, matter2003 said:

Going to update this thread every week to list Allen's current place and some notables that Allen will be able to pass in the upcoming game.

EDIT: First Update of the Thread!

Current Place: 218th

•  Shaun Hill(104 yards to pass)
  •  Randy Johnson(138 yards)
  •  Rudy Bukich(242 yards)

With a 300 yard performance will pass:

•   Nobody

With a 350 yard performance will pass:

•  Nobody

With a 400 yard performance will pass:

•  David Woodley(367 yards)

Players Allen passed last week(157 yards for Allen) - 5:

• Arnie Herber(needed 8 yards to pass) - now 223rd
  • Jimmy G(9 yards) - 222nd
  • Tommy Maddox(54 yards) - 221st
  • James Harris(103 yards) - 220th
  • Pete Beathard(143 yards) - 219th

Just list who the next 5-10 QBs are, you don't need to pointlessly write "300 yards, nobody.  350 yards, nobody."  You can save the wasted formatting space to add tracking for a touchdowns list.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, matter2003 said:

First thread update is in! Front page will always contain the current week data....added some color and formatting, as well as a new section that details the players Allen passed with his performance last week.

I kind of like this, in a weird stat frenzy kind of way....

Any chance you could also post updates to the current spot in the thread? If I see someone commented on the thread, on my phone the thread will bring me to where I was last. Then I have to go back to the front for the update, and THEN back to the end of the thread to comment/discuss. 

just being nit picky. No problem if you can’t. I’ll just haunt your dreams. 

when he was in Buffalo he absolutely struggled to throw downfield to the left from the pocket. Seemed like he had to put everything he had into the ball to get it moving with velocity. Seems to me that he has improved a lot in some of those areas since he’s moved on

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Thanks!

On 11/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, matter2003 said:

EDIT: First Update of the Thread!

Current Place: 218th

•  Shaun Hill(104 yards to pass)
  •  Randy Johnson(138 yards)
  •  Rudy Bukich(242 yards)

With a 300 yard performance will pass:

•   Nobody

With a 350 yard performance will pass:

•  Nobody

With a 400 yard performance will pass:

•  David Woodley(367 yards)

Players Allen passed last week(157 yards for Allen) - 5:

• Arnie Herber(needed 8 yards to pass) - now 223rd
  • Jimmy G(9 yards) - 222nd
  • Tommy Maddox(54 yards) - 221st
  • James Harris(103 yards) - 220th
  • Pete Beathard(143 yards) - 219th

Bumped to see the update!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.