Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

And I suspect a little Black Fitzmagic to start so many games as the intended backup. He’s got a stash of punctured voodoo dolls somewhere, but he’s too smart to let us find them. 

He's been paying me to make them for years!

Patented voodoo technology

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Going to update this thread every week to list Allen's current place and some notables that Allen will be able to pass in the upcoming game.

Current Place 223rd

With a 250 yard performance will pass:

- Arnie Heber(8 yards to pass)

- Jimmy G(9 yards)

- Tommy Maddox(54 yards)

- James Harris(103 yards)

- Pete Beathard(143 yards)

300 yard performance:

- Shaun Hill(262 yards)

- Randy Johnson(296 yards)

350 yard performance:

-None

400 yard performance:

- Rudy Bukich(400 yards)

This is far far far too early.

I really hope you're being sarcastic, and naming Tommy Maddox and Randy Johnson and the rest of these wanted-to-be's "notables" makes me think you may be.

But it's still a horrible idea.

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic, and naming Tommy Maddox and Randy Johnson and the rest of these wanted-to-be's "notables" makes me think you may be.

No, those are the players Allen will be passing this week if he hits those numbers.

It's meant as an ongoing thread which will update every week

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

As an optimist, I prefer to think of it as a long term project and commitment. Very, VERY long term.

But who am I to judge. 🤷‍♂️

The first installment I actually found quite interesting. I’m not sure how much “news” comes in weeks, months or even years to follow. Names to remember is interesting. Different eras lead to different types of numbers. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

That is a shocker and so is Kerry Collins at 20, one spot ahead of Joe Montana...Flacco just passed him last game for 19th.

This is just evidence that the game is changing.  It's like comparing baseball players from different eras. 

Andre Reed was at or near the top of the receiving lists when he retired.  Now a lot of players have passed him.  He was a great player regardless of how many guys come along and play under different situations. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t want to be the guy to start THAT search! 

I volunteer!!!:wub: 

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No, those are the players Allen will be passing this week if he hits those numbers.

It's meant as an ongoing thread which will update every week

3 hours ago, Augie said:

As an optimist, I prefer to think of it as a long term project and commitment. Very, VERY long term.

But who am I to judge. 🤷‍♂️

The first installment I actually found quite interesting. I’m not sure how much “news” comes in weeks, months or even years to follow. Names to remember is interesting. Different eras lead to different types of numbers. 

I think this is an amazing thread! We get to document Josh's road to GOAT!:wub:

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

So b.c a guy had bad stats back when football was played by normal men in the early 1900's Fitz should get in? That is a weak argument...

lol, matter2003 never brought up Fitz in that post. But now that YOU mention it...

RYAN FITZPATRICK DESERVES TO BE IN THE NFL HOF!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Is this a real thread or a joke?

It is the beginning of a thread that will likely run for the next 15+ years....think of it as the longest continual thread of all time on this forum.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.