Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

I found it amusing that Allen landed exactly on 4,000 yards, yet all the articles talk about him being the 2nd Bills QB to surpass 4,000 yards.

Well, I mean I don't think he is going to throw negative yards in the last two games so as long as he plays it's pretty much going to happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/14/2020 at 9:45 AM, CheshireCT said:

Fitz has had a remarkable career as far as I’m concerned, and it basically started in Buffalo. Every time you think his career is finished, he reappears and tosses 400 yards in a game (maybe with 4 picks, but still). I’m glad we have a new option in Buffalo, but he has definitely helped out a lot of sad teams in the last decade.  I love that guy.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:30 AM, MJS said:

Has anyone thought he is finished? I think everyone views him as a high quality backup who will have a job as long as he wants one.

The odd thing is that he continues to get shots as a starter. But he does go to teams with bad QB situations (probably on purpose).

On 12/18/2020 at 11:01 AM, matter2003 said:

I think he is viewed as a player who will do great at mentoring a young QB and "holding the fort down" until that player is ready to start.  I can see him doing this for another team next year...heck, maybe even the Jets again, haha.

Fitz may beat George Blanda's record becoming oldest player playing QB.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I hope so!

On 12/19/2020 at 1:56 AM, ganesh said:

Fitz would have been a great mentor for Josh Allen. 

I don't think they had a choice then.

Yes, I'm sure he would have been, he seems to have no problem in that role.

Regarding the Peterman thing, I agree with you. And it seems from all accounts that Peterman was a practice hero and smart guy who simply lost his nerves once the game rolled. If that's true, then I can't blame McDermott. He gave Peterman a shot and he failed....then they moved on.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Lime, do you really think Fitzy will play for another 10 years?  If so, let’s sign him as our backup after the season.  The Fish will probably try to extend him, but I bet if we came up with a competitive offer, he’d consider it.  He’s always said this was his favorite spot.  At this age and as good as Allen is playing, we won’t be at risk of. The stupid Flutie Johnson thing, so I guess I like where you’re heads at Lime.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I found it amusing that Allen landed exactly on 4,000 yards, yet all the articles talk about him being the 2nd Bills QB to surpass 4,000 yards.

It is strange but I predict our 1st play @ NE* renders this moot. I’d love to see Bledsoe’s record fall. It could if Allen plays vs. Miami.

🤞

On 12/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, ganesh said:

Fitz would have been a great mentor for Josh Allen. 

I don't think they had a choice then.

No thanks... I don't want Fitz teaching Allen how to throw INTs.

Allen doesn't need bad QBs to mentor him, they need to learn what Josh is doing and realize why they never were a good QB 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Wierd that its 4k even.

Even weirder it is 2000 and 2000 for each half.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

No thanks... I don't want Fitz teaching Allen how to throw INTs.

Allen doesn't need bad QBs to mentor him, they need to learn what Josh is doing and realize why they never were a good QB 

So what do you think he has in Matt Barkley?

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Even weirder it is 2000 and 2000 for each half.

So what do you think he has in Matt Barkley?

Its the old saying " Those who can't do.... teach"

On the Fitz thing...I have said it before and will say it again great guy and would be great in the locker room but he has that jinx hanging over him and I would rather have Josh healthy. 

• Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 12/30
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And on the Eve of it being a week to go before the regular season, here is the latest installment:

Current Place: 201st

With a 250 yard performance will pass:

Tyrod Taylor(63 yards) - Maybe, depending on if Tyrod i starting in Houston and how he does...

With a 300 yard performance will pass:

Nobody

With a 350 yard performance will pass:

Nobody

With a 400 yard performance will pass:

Nobody

With a 450 yard performance will pass:

Nobody

Not much to really see here...Allen is kind of in a statistical no man's land right now.  After this game there should be 5 or 6 players he can pass the following week.

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

There is literally no need to break it down into 50 yard divisions, it's 100% redundant.  Just list the next handful of QBs on the list.

That's how I choose to do it. Feel free to either not read or start your own thread doing differently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 9/19
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.