Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

On 11/24/2020 at 11:13 PM, RobbRiddick said:

He's also close to having played for all 32 teams. What a coincidence!

Fitz has had a remarkable career as far as I’m concerned, and it basically started in Buffalo. Every time you think his career is finished, he reappears and tosses 400 yards in a game (maybe with 4 picks, but still). I’m glad we have a new option in Buffalo, but he has definitely helped out a lot of sad teams in the last decade.  I love that guy.

Edited by CheshireCT

43 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

Fitz has had a remarkable career as far as I’m concerned, and it basically started in Buffalo. Every time you think his career is finished, he reappears and tosses 400 yards in a game (maybe with 4 picks, but still). I’m glad we have a new option in Buffalo, but he has definitely helped out a lot of sad teams in the last decade.  I love that guy.

Has anyone thought he is finished? I think everyone views him as a high quality backup who will have a job as long as he wants one.

The odd thing is that he continues to get shots as a starter. But he does go to teams with bad QB situations (probably on purpose).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/14/2020 at 10:30 AM, MJS said:

Has anyone thought he is finished? I think everyone views him as a high quality backup who will have a job as long as he wants one.

The odd thing is that he continues to get shots as a starter. But he does go to teams with bad QB situations (probably on purpose).

I think he is viewed as a player who will do great at mentoring a young QB and "holding the fort down" until that player is ready to start.  I can see him doing this for another team next year...heck, maybe even the Jets again, haha.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I think the situation is fine the way it is...don't rock the boat. Maybe Barkley get dumped for Fromm next year.

With where the Bills and Allen are right now I need a QB that come come off the bench and win a game or two if Allen gets banged up.  Barkley isn't that guy.  Whether it's Fitz or some other more competent QB I'd like them to have someone better for that situation.  

22 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

With where the Bills and Allen are right now I need a QB that come come off the bench and win a game or two if Allen gets banged up.  Barkley isn't that guy.  Whether it's Fitz or some other more competent QB I'd like them to have someone better for that situation.  

Agreed .. there is that guy Josh Rosen but the concern there is a quarterback controversy after he shows the Bills and the rest of the league that they mad a mistake in 2018 by not drafting him first.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

How do you know Fromm can't? The Bills have seen far more of him than I have so I will trust their judgement on it.

Then again...McDermott thought it was a good idea to willingly start Nathan Peterman...twice.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Fitzpatrick is close to passing Jim Kelly in all the major categories.

Just shows how much the game has changed...Allen already has more passing attempts this year with 3 games left than Kelly had in all but 2 full seasons. And he only needs 4 and 10 pass attempts to pass those, which should happen in the Denver game.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:15 PM, CheshireCT said:

Fitz would have been a great mentor for Josh Allen. 

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

How do you know Fromm can't? The Bills have seen far more of him than I have so I will trust their judgement on it.

Then again...McDermott thought it was a good idea to willingly start Nathan Peterman...twice.

I don't think they had a choice then.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

I don't think they had a choice then.

By very poor evaluation, planning and design.  Along with Allen being a boom or bust prospect their piss poor evaluation of Peterman not once but twice was a big reason why I didn't have much faith in Allen after we drafted him.  Luckily Allen put in the work and overcame the odds. 

https://t.co/mbxX9hr9mj?amp=1

360 >> Number of passing yards needed by Josh Allen to set the record for most passing yards in a season in Bills history (Drew Bledsoe, 4,359 in 2002).

13 >> Number of different Bills who have caught touchdown passes this season, tying the league record.

7.6 >> Bills average yards per carry against the Broncos, the highest mark of the season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.