Bennet a finalist for HOF

SC BIlls Fan

59 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree Biscuit had a good run of a few years of production but not HOFer. 

52 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He was a good player, just not a HOF worthy player.

Now if we were talking about Tom Sestak being in the final 25 then we might be talking...there is 0 argument for Bennett being in the HOF over Sestak. Sestak was the AFL version of JJ Watt in his prime.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Bennett the Hall of Very Good.

Tasker, the best special teams player ever (non-kicker or return guy), a guy who changed the course of many games, should be in the Hall without question.

Nope.

He was an absolute cut above during his time with Buffalo. Granted, he was overshadowed by 6 other HOFers but we don’t go to 4 SBs without him. Leaving for Atlanta then Indy had him drop off the national spotlight but this Finalist Vote is worthy nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Nope.

He was an absolute cut above during his time with Buffalo. Granted, he was overshadowed by 6 other HOFers but we don’t go to 4 SBs without him. Leaving for Atlanta then Indy had him drop off the national spotlight but this Finalist Vote is worthy nonetheless.

Bennett wasn't even the best player on his own defense, Sestak was one of the best DT's of all time.

CB was the AFC Defensive Player of the Year *twice* and the SEC Player of the Year in 1986. 

He's only one of 7 defensive players all time, and only the second defensive player since 1970, to win the Player of the Year in the SEC.  It's always offense that wins that award. 

Besides the 5 Pro Bowls, 5 Super Bowl appearances, 3 time 1st Team All Pro selections, and starting 204 out of the 206 games he played, he had quite the average career.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Bennett wasn't even the best player on his own defense, Sestak was one of the best DT's of all time.

Read much? 

Hint: Bruce Smith was one of the 6 HOFers he shared a spotlight with. Look, none of us “EXPERTS” were invited by the PFW’s association to discuss, evaluate and debate Hall of Fame candidates. He has regularly been among contenders though he hasn’t played in 22 years. None of your holy-than-thou, know it all blabber compares to those who are actually tasked with selection. 

Be happy an old time Bill is still being considered for his marvelous play and has been nominated as a Finalist.

Jesus Christ!🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nope.

I see him making the semis but not the Hall.  Tasker on the other hand is the best to do what he did in the history of the game; those are the type players that should be in the Hall.

• Like (+1) 3

Bennett was a great Bill - have a signed Jersey hanging in my den.

Bennett had more talent but I always thought Talley was more important to the SB teams.  Less talent, great desire.  It is nice Bennett made the cut but don't see it happening.

Tasker should make it as a ST player - he redefined the position and was the best at his position for years. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wtf are you babbling about? He was an absolute terror from his play in the NFL. Chasing down RB’s sweeping left from the other side of the field and dropping them for a loss. Took over at MLB when Conan was lost due to injury and was our BEST player. 

Stay off drugs, kids.

Ehhh.. I dunno.  Feel like some games he showed up, some games he vanished and every once in while he have a wow game. I wouldn’t say hes a hof er

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Bennett the Hall of Very Good.

Tasker, the best special teams player ever (non-kicker or return guy), a guy who changed the course of many games, should be in the Hall without question.

I agree whole heartedly about Tasker. But Bennett changed the course of far more games in his career. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nope.

Biscuit immediately changed the balance of power in the AFCE. He was a force. Period. 

It’s too bad he refused a position change to ML. IMO, he would have been one of the best to ever play that position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He doesn't deserve it.

Underachiever...........and changing teams was a mistake if he wanted to make it too the HOF..........he had just made a nice transition inside in Buffalo and could have been so much better in that Cottrell/Wade defense in the late 90's.     Instead he made himself look like something of a journeyman even though he played pretty well in ATL and INDY.

This is probably his best chance though.........the greater appreciation of athletic LB play........a lot of people might say he'd be even better in today's NFL and that's always a good look...........and as for his past legal troubles, the 2020 focus on mistreatment of black men in the judicial system and kind of a quiet backlash against perhaps overreactions in the "me too" movement.........and the fact that so many people have much bigger fish to fry than nitpicking the character of NFL HOF'ers..........it's probably his "Harold Baines" window right now or never, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Making finalist list is appropriate, but he is a Hall of Very Good not HOF player. 

That said I saw an article that stated he won AFC Defensive player of the year twice  I could not find a list of just AFC winners. I don't recall him being that dominant but mainly because he was on the same team as Bruce Smith and his peer was Derrick Thomas 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It did not affects Raven's player getting in even though he helped cover up a murder.

Different.

Lewis was not involved in the act and only semi-involved in the aftermath.

Bennett straight up violently raped and assaulted someone all on his own.

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

CB was the AFC Defensive Player of the Year *twice* and the SEC Player of the Year in 1986. 

He's only one of 7 defensive players all time, and only the second defensive player since 1970, to win the Player of the Year in the SEC.  It's always offense that wins that award. 

Besides the 5 Pro Bowls, 5 Super Bowl appearances, 3 time 1st Team All Pro selections, and starting 204 out of the 206 games he played, he had quite the average career.  

He WAS a game changer as evidenced by this post (thank you!). 

It is simple to default to what ‘we’ (as fans) see along with the stat sheet, but much more difficult to see the film and understand what was actually supposed to happen. Biscuit changed everything.

What he did or did not do off the field is not a part of the discussion here. If you wish it to be, that’s fine, but that’s not the measuring stick.  

Football is a sum of its parts and he was an absolutely critical part. 

PUT HIM IN.