Bennet a finalist for HOF

SC BIlls Fan

He does? Based on what?

If anything, he underperformed his talent. Good player but with his ability, and lined up next to Bruce Smith, he should have produced a lot more than he did. He kind of always left you wanting more...

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Never going to happen after what he did to that girl. Nor should he ever be honored for anything ever again. I love(d) Biscuit, but can't anymore.

Wow I missed that....too bad as i was a huge Biscuit fan too......sad.

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Wow I missed that....too bad as i was a huge Biscuit fan too......sad.

It happened after his time in Buffalo, so a lot of fans missed it. But the deeper you go into the police and case reports, the worse it gets. Sad for sure, because if not for this he may be my favorite Bill from that era. The first image that comes to mind when thinking of the SB days is him catching that blocked FG against Denver and taking it to the house. But eff him.

Just now, matter2003 said:

Wrong holing women has consequences...

Yeah I tried searching it but behind a paywall.  Anyways it appears he done screwed up.....

Just now, chknwing334 said:

Not many...As long as you are a sports star or celebrity. 

Looks like it cost him 6 months maybe?  Not that much but not that little either as it stays with him forever.....

One should be careful .. the woman in question was arrested shortly thereafter as part of a large cocaine ring.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bennetts-accuser-arrested/.. he also indicated that it was consensual .. he could be a jerk .. he could have been taken in by a player ... it is between him and God since he served his time, but the HOF is about performance on the field. He always struck me as belonging in the hall of the very, very good .. but not quite the HOF.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He does? Based on what?

If anything, he underperformed his talent. Good player but with his ability, and lined up next to Bruce Smith, he should have produced a lot more than he did. He kind of always left you wanting more...

Wtf are you babbling about? He was an absolute terror from his play in the NFL. Chasing down RB’s sweeping left from the other side of the field and dropping them for a loss. Took over at MLB when Conan was lost due to injury and was our BEST player. 

Stay off drugs, kids.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Wtf are you babbling about? He was an absolute terror from his play in the NFL. Chasing down RB’s sweeping left from the other side of the field and dropping them for a loss. Took over at MLB when Conan was lost due to injury and was our BEST player. 

Stay off drugs, kids.

Response should have been "What is the matter with you?"

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

One should be careful .. the woman in question was arrested shortly thereafter as part of a large cocaine ring.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bennetts-accuser-arrested/.. he also indicated that it was consensual .. he could be a jerk .. he could have been taken in by a player ... it is between him and God since he served his time, but the HOF is about performance on the field. He always struck me as belonging in the hall of the very, very good .. but not quite the HOF.

Dont do that. It absolutely was not, regardless of anything else that went on in her life. You can find docs with the horrible details if you dig far enough.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He does? Based on what?

I agree Biscuit had a good run of a few years of production but not HOFer. 

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Stay off drugs, kids.

He was a good player, just not a HOF worthy player.

Now if we were talking about Tom Sestak being in the final 25 then we might be talking...there is 0 argument for Bennett being in the HOF over Sestak. Sestak was the AFL version of JJ Watt in his prime.

Edited by matter2003

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He was a good player, just not a HOF worthy player.

Now if we were talking about Tom Sestak being in the final 25 then we might be talking...there is 0 argument for Bennett being in the HOF over Sestak. Sestak was the AFL version of JJ Watt in his prime.

Good analogy on Sestak. I think I agree with you here.