Comcast prepares to screw over millions with data caps.

TBBills

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Watch out users of comast, it seems they want to charge you money for going over your "Unlimited" data.

From the article:

As The Verge reports, customers not on an unlimited plan who exceed 1.2 TB of data in a month will have to pay $10 for every 50 GB of data they go over, topping out at $100.

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

https://gizmodo.com/comcast-prepares-to-screw-over-millions-with-data-caps-1845741662/amp

Watch out users of comast, it seems they want to charge you money for going over your "Unlimited" data.

Im on Comcast, but in Georgia, so for some reason I'm safe? Hadnt had a problem with it previously when we had data caps (they only temporarily lifted them for COVID relief).

The good news is, we will have an all new FCC soon that will look out for the consumer and not the large corporation. So I'm expecting net neutrality and data caps to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Terabyte. TERAbyte.  I got nothing to worry about... 

You'd be surprised how fast that goes nowadays with just some regular Netflix streaming for a family of four.

Netflix HD streams at about 3GB/hour. To hit 1.2TB, that is 400 hours of streaming each month. Sounds like a lot for you and I as individuals, but for a family it goes fast.

And that isnt counting any other internet activity besides streaming Netflix.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.