Christian Wade, will we ever see him?

BeastMode54

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Wade makes the active roster next year.  With his Rugby background and speed, the guy strikes me as pretty much the ideal ST player.  My hope would be he would fill that Taiwan Jones roster spot/role (which Jones hasn't really been able to fill anyway this year due to injuries).

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest surprise here is that it took 11 weeks into the season to see this post 🤣

Okay, let’s review the International Player practice squad exemption rule again, for the 29th time in a year and a half . . .

See you next year C. Wade. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For Wade to make the roster next season (for reasons already explained, this season is out) he has to demonstrate to McDermott and company that he can handle things like blocking/blitz pickup and all the less visible aspects of a running back's job.  It's not enough to be a quick and instinctive runner and able to catch a few passes.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I don’t get it. If he can’t play then what is the whole point?

the point is, you never know, maybe by next August he will have really improved and make the roster.  If not as was stated likely a long shot for PS.  He didn't count as any slots against he Bills so little to lose by keeping him other than paying him.  Even that, I wonder if part of his salary is paid by the league, or maybe for all we know, his salary is even a tax write-off for the team?

4 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Propaganda mostly, 

7 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I know it's a long shot, and I know people haven't been happy with the run game. I'd imagine the 3 active guys are definitely better than Wade. Yeldon played well earlier in the year. But whether this year or next could he ever get a look? Or rugby is just so far away from NFL football that he's just a nice story, but will never make the active roster?

Could the Bills cut him and then re-sign him to the 53-man roster?

They put way too many restrictions on the euro guys.  Made it almost impossible for them to actually see the field.

Wade should be able to be activated at any time and play.  Would be great week 17 to see him return some punts and get some handoffs, catch a few screens when we rest our starters against Miami because we're clinched.

Goodell worst commish in any sport ever.  Dude has no feel for real innovation, he operates like the stiff lawyer that he is.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Football's version of the reserve clause means that Wade is indentured to the Bills for this entire season, and cannot play.  Covid took away his chance to showcase what he can do in the 2020 preseason.  I'm excited to see him play next year, because his first touch took my breath away.  I don't care that he was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers, nobody laid a hand on him while he jetted straight into the end zone.  All the naysayers here prefer to fall back on the "he's too old, too British, never played football, can't pass block", blah blah blah.  I prefer to believe my lyin' eyes.  Christian Wade is special, and we're lucky to have him.  Can't wait to see him on the field in 2021.

Absolutely nothing makes me happier in this board than seeing a ‘half glass full’ person. Thank the Lord!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, but the team used the "international program exemption" on him, which means he doesn't count against their PS limit, but they can't call him up

Gotcha thanks!!!  I knew it was something just wasn't sure or more like couldn't remember what it was....🙄

21 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Yes it's frustrating that he has no route to playing. The only IPP player whom I know of that has made an active roster is Efe Obada at the Panthers (2 sacks in the past 2 weeks). He spent year 1 on the exemption but they took the plunge year two and gave him a spot on the practice squad. 

I'm a Wade fan but I think they made the right decision on him. Surely next year is his make or break. Tough to learn with the restrictions he faces. In his favor, the Bills rbs have not locked down starting spots. He has speed which the others don't. Such a pity he's ineligible for call up right now.