Christian Wade, will we ever see him?

BeastMode54

I know it's a long shot, and I know people haven't been happy with the run game. I'd imagine the 3 active guys are definitely better than Wade. Yeldon played well earlier in the year. But whether this year or next could he ever get a look? Or rugby is just so far away from NFL football that he's just a nice story, but will never make the active roster?

Barring an emergency, I don't think he plays a down in the NFL.  It seems.more.like the program is designed to teach him.aboutthe NFL, then get him back over to the UK so he can start coaching/mentoring and growing the popularity of the sport.

Looking at Rugby rules, it seems like it has nothing in common with football, except that there's tackling and it's played on a field with end zones.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

I know it's a long shot, and I know people haven't been happy with the run game. I'd imagine the 3 active guys are definitely better than Wade. Yeldon played well earlier in the year. But whether this year or next could he ever get a look? Or rugby is just so far away from NFL football that he's just a nice story, but will never make the active roster?

Roberts is a free agent next year so... that would probably be his best shot.  

Wade CAN NOT play in 2020. He is on an exemption list, meaning he is ineligible to play this season. 2021 preseason will be key for him, he will be one of the older running backs, but he hasn't played or got injured the last 2 years, so he should be fresh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Wade CAN NOT play in 2020. He is on an exemption list, meaning he is ineligible to play this season. 2021 preseason will be key for him, he will be one of the older running backs, but he hasn't played or got injured the last 2 years, so he should be fresh.

Correction: Wade CAN NOT play for Bills in 2020.  He could be cut by Bills and subject to waivers, passed and signed on roster by another team.  I do not think even if he was cut and not claimed by any team he could play for Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Football's version of the reserve clause means that Wade is indentured to the Bills for this entire season, and cannot play.  Covid took away his chance to showcase what he can do in the 2020 preseason.  I'm excited to see him play next year, because his first touch took my breath away.  I don't care that he was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers, nobody laid a hand on him while he jetted straight into the end zone.  All the naysayers here prefer to fall back on the "he's too old, too British, never played football, can't pass block", blah blah blah.  I prefer to believe my lyin' eyes.  Christian Wade is special, and we're lucky to have him.  Can't wait to see him on the field in 2021.

• Like (+1) 2