Original Rich stadium scoreboard

jkx2

I've been searching for a photo of the original scoreboard at Rich stadium. For those who never saw it, it was billed as the very first replay scoreboard ever. Bringing that watching live and at home experience together. What it was though was a giant 

sepia tone lite brite consisting of a series of giant light bulbs. While the Bills bragged about it, it was more like going to the the county fair when you were a kid to see the elephant man and when you saw him it was just a guy with a really big nose.

By the last game I saw in 1980 before I left Buffalo, the company had long gone out of business and replacement bulbs weren't available.  I remember looking up for a replay to see a handless catch or a headless player running down the field because there were so many burned out light bulbs. 

Somehow it made the whole Buffalo Bills,  Rich stadium experience even better.

Anybody have a photo of the giant 

edger sketch that once was the glory of Rich stadium?

Edited by jkx2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, diannand said:

No that's the replacement scoreboard of the mid to late 80s  the new and improved color lite brite. 

This was pre "Shout" days. This would be "Talkin Proud" tines.

Edited by jkx2

10 hours ago, diannand said:

Wow, the Buffalo Jills, remember them?  So they get introduced as "your 1989 Buffalo Jills" but there is clearly snow on the ground?  Did the team just wait until mid to late in the season to introduce them or did it actually snow in Sept?  😆