Floyd Little enters hospice care...

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Yes read about earlier in week.  Met him once and he seemed to be a nice man.

You’re lucky Lime.  I loved when he was a footnote, at the end of the Express with Ernie Davis in that movie.  I can’t imagine a team having Mr. Lacrosse, Jim Brown, then Floyd Little.  Not a SU fan, but what a concession of RB’s in those days.  My memory of little was only NFL presents as before my time, but he was special.  Thanks fir sharing OP.

Thanks for sharing this OP.  When I was a kid back in the 70s I loved reading books on the NFL - those you could buy at your school's book fair when you had to order using the paper form you had to turn back in to your teacher.  Floyd Little was one of the many players documented in those books who is, or will soon be, no longer with us. 

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 1

Although I aspired to be a WR, I loved watching great RBs when I was kid.

OJ was the best back of my childhood - arguably the best back of all time (apologies to Jim Brown).   But Floyd Little was also a great joy to watch.

"Tackling Floyd Little is like wrestling with a bag of flour open at the top.  He just spills out all over.  And you're left holding the bag."

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re lucky Lime.  I loved when he was a footnote, at the end of the Express with Ernie Davis in that movie.  I can’t imagine a team having Mr. Lacrosse, Jim Brown, then Floyd Little.  Not a SU fan, but what a concession of RB’s in those days.  My memory of little was only NFL presents as before my time, but he was special.  Thanks fir sharing OP.

Larry Csonka was another great RB from Syracuse. 

• Like (+1) 1