Are the Reds Dead? Uniforms?

On 11/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, jkx2 said:

I actually had one of these but sold it. They  show up on ebay every now and then and always seem to be Kelly away ones. That's what I had.

20201123_180621.jpg

Thats my pic! I think we spoke about this before. This came from a house next to Rex that had it framed and in front of a drum set. A white and blue just sold last week. The white that sold incorrectly had 2 patches though. A few Simpsons are out there as well. Other than that maybe 6 others are known in the hobby, 2 of which are a blue Daviss. Cool stuff!

On 11/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, jkx2 said:

That 100% correct. It was the first time the NFL did throwbacks and I was excited to see the Bills uniforms of my youth. While other teams wore great throwbacks. The Bills and Jets just slapped a logo on their existing helmet. To cheap to do the real throwbacks.  It sucked.

20201123_173709.jpg

Again, im not aware of a team that actually changed colors for their helmets so im not sure how much being cheap had to do with it as just changing the stickerz and bumper logos

On 11/23/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

I'll start off by saying I wasnt a fan, but dont want to turn this into a debate.  Have we shelved them for good?  Usually we have worn them by this point.

I hope not they were a big reason why the Snowvertime game was won Indy wherein the Whites was just crazy for them that day I think that every game played at home late in the year where there could be even the slightest possibility of snow those Uni's should be wore ...

Not to mention i'm a fan of the red uni's  !! 

11 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

The Oilers changed from white.

20201125_105559.jpg

You are correct.! I should have taken the 2 min to try and remember better! That said, i still feel like it was more lazy design than cheapness but i guess we will never really know. Being sich an unestablished thing there werent really throwback rules yet. Its always fun to look back and see how much things have changed

14 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

The Oilers changed from white.

20201125_105559.jpg

Pat's from silver to white

20201125_111026.jpg

2 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

You are correct.! I should have taken the 2 min to try and remember better! That said, i still feel like it was more lazy design than cheapness but i guess we will never really know. Being sich an unestablished thing there werent really throwback rules yet. Its always fun to look back and see how much things have changed

Yeah for whatever reason it was really disappointing  that the Bills didn't do it. It was great to see them do real throwbacks for the AFL 50th and continue them. I wish they'd do the home Blues again. 

15 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

20201125_111026.jpg

Whats funny is a guy at my work just aquired a complete set of prototypes from a former nfl exec. Most are the same but there are some small differences in the placment of the russell logo on the rams sleeves, and how both the font and the name plate are slightly different fonts but the prototype used screened numbers while the final product utilized vinyl names and numbers. The bears and steelers are far and away the most involved and intricate. Just awesome jerseys and Champion was on another level with their uniforms back then. The steelers still have blanks they list on ebay that go for just under a grand which is amazing. I miss the days where there wasnt just 1 official supplier even though most were still made in Berlin WI back then (save champion in rochester) they were all different and unique.

Edited by gobills1212

11 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

20201125_111026.jpg

Yeah for whatever reason it was really disappointing  that the Bills didn't do it. It was great to see them do real throwbacks for the AFL 50th and continue them. I wish they'd do the home Blues again. 

So I own a white and a blue TB kelly, but was that white one once yours? Like i said it came from CL and was in a wood frame in front of some drums.  The othet weird thing about most of the few Kellys out there (like the blue in the hof) is that they all have 2 stripes where the ones used in game just have 1. I originally thought it might have been tailored and modded but no one actly wore 2 stripes and as you can see with pre 91 champions some players chose the 2 stripes and some players like kelly religiously cut the bottom one off so i dunno.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

So I own a white and a blue TB kelly, but was that white one once yours? Like i said it came from CL and was in a wood frame in front of some drums.  The othet weird thing about most of the few Kellys out there (like the blue in the hof) is that they all have 2 stripes where the ones used in game just have 1. I originally thought it might have been tailored and modded but no one actly wore 2 stripes and as you can see with pre 91 champions some players chose the 2 stripes and some players like kelly religiously cut the bottom one off so i dunno.

No mine just had one thing

blue and red. I don't think they ever wore white throwbacks in 1994. Just the blue. Whatever they had made up for promotion they sold.

Edited by jkx2

On 11/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, Irish Dave said:

I remember reading that you CAN'T change the main color of your helmet for throwbacks.  I love the 90s Red Helmet Heyday uniforms the most too - but I don't think it would be allowed within the NFL rules...unfortunately.

This is why back in the 90s our "Throwback" uniform was a Red Helmet with a White standing Buffalo - the reverse of the originals....

This is incorrect.

The one helmet rule came about back in 2013 I believe.

the reason for the reverse throwbacks back in the 90s was Ralph not wanting to go from red to white.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

No dude they announced it today 

I Twitter is more official 

What does a tweet from Dec 10, 2019 have to do with the Bills-Steelers game in 2020? That was for last years Bills-Steelers game in Pittsburgh. White over yellow for Pittsburgh in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

The putrid PJs/long Johns are back this week. Really can’t stand the all red, why not just top it off with the red helmet and go all clown. 🤢🤮