Are the Reds Dead? Uniforms?

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

they wore the Reds during the blizzard game against Indy in all white Dec 17 2017 

636485286902904973-GettyImages-889709314

636485264897537690-JG-121017-Bills-1.jpg

question is had they not moved the kc game to monday afternoon and played thursday night would they of wore all red in that game??

I remember the 2017 game as well.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

26 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

It's not about the color, the NFL just wants players in the same helmet all season, for "safety" purposes.

This was not the case in 1994 when, during the NFL's 75th anniversary, the Bills stayed with the red helmet with the white standing buffalo.  They were just lazy...the could have gone with the white helmet then but chose not to.

I believe the word you were looking for there was cheap. 

Keep in mind we still have 5 non 1pm games to wear them. They were made optional this year,  but id assume you'll see them under the lights. 

Worth noting, they did have some reds being clearenced out so i originally wondered this as well, but after looking into it further it was the 100th NFL season neck logo - hence the clearence. Good bet you'll see them over the last 5 weeks.

26 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I believe the word you were looking for there was cheap. 

The design process that went into the 94 jerseys was a league wide mandate that, at its time, was the 1st of its kind. Before then only one offs in different sports like the white sox in 1991 had messed with throwbacks. Seems crazy today, but only a handful of teams even offered the 94 throwbacks for sale at the team store at replica levels and even fewer authentic. The Bills for example offered no retail version of the 94 duds. There were a few extras for players that were auctioned off or available via team channels for employees but nothing for the people. Let that sink in for a sec how foregin that is by todays standards. Not one, but TWO alt jerseys were worn and not even available to the public for sale. Anywho, it obviously started a trend and now days even though these jerseys have been reproduced over the years with various degrees of accuracy the 75th patch jerseys have become cult classics and often the most popluar Mitchell Ness fb jerseys made and they often sell out the run.

Fun fact. Original merch from 1994 has a hidden word HAY in the 7. Its stitched red and slightly raised, but its an excellent was to tell if aomething is original from 94 or a reproduction 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Eh who knows. 

I don’t see why they would have changed them from the TNF game to the early MNF game 

had to do with the covid titans.

The Chiefs Week 6 game against the Buffalo Bills was moved to Monday, October 19 at 5:00 p.m. ET. The game was originally set to be played on Thursday, October 15, but a change with the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills Week 5 game impacted the change.

Chiefs/Bills game moved to Monday

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

It's not about the color, the NFL just wants players in the same helmet all season, for "safety" purposes.

This was not the case in 1994 when, during the NFL's 75th anniversary, the Bills stayed with the red helmet with the white standing buffalo.  They were just lazy...the could have gone with the white helmet then but chose not to.

That 100% correct. It was the first time the NFL did throwbacks and I was excited to see the Bills uniforms of my youth. While other teams wore great throwbacks. The Bills and Jets just slapped a logo on their existing helmet. To cheap to do the real throwbacks.  It sucked.

20201123_173709.jpg

Edited by jkx2

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

The design process that went into the 94 jerseys was a league wide mandate that, at its time, was the 1st of its kind. Before then only one offs in different sports like the white sox in 1991 had messed with throwbacks. Seems crazy today, but only a handful of teams even offered the 94 throwbacks for sale at the team store at replica levels and even fewer authentic. The Bills for example offered no retail version of the 94 duds. There were a few extras for players that were auctioned off or available via team channels for employees but nothing for the people. Let that sink in for a sec how foregin that is by todays standards. Not one, but TWO alt jerseys were worn and not even available to the public for sale. Anywho, it obviously started a trend and now days even though these jerseys have been reproduced over the years with various degrees of accuracy the 75th patch jerseys have become cult classics and often the most popluar Mitchell Ness fb jerseys made and they often sell out the run.

Fun fact. Original merch from 1994 has a hidden word HAY in the 7. Its stitched red and slightly raised, but its an excellent was to tell if aomething is original from 94 or a reproduction 

I actually had one of these but sold it. They  show up on ebay every now and then and always seem to be Kelly away ones. That's what I had.

20201123_180621.jpg

Edited by jkx2

I think i had read a while back that they learned from the famous snow bowl where they happened to be wearing the red uni. They felt the unis made a difference in the bad weather.  McD personally makes the call on when they wear them.  I would assume they're saving them for games in Dec that may be in poor conditions

3 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

question is had they not moved the kc game to monday afternoon and played thursday night would they of wore all red in that game??

I remember the 2017 game as well.

No.  The jersey schedule is decided before the regular season starts.  Kim Pegula said they would schedule red later in the year in case it snows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I see on Twitter that a lot of Bills fans love the red uniforms. I personally don't see the appeal. Mainly because all of our other uniform combinations are so beautiful.

This also goes for the new Sabres new "reverse/retro" uniforms. Twitter Sabres fans are drooling over them. They don't do it for me.

Keep it simple!

• Like (+1) 1