Gratitude...Protecting Allen & Keep investing in the Line

Wizard

Joe Burrow's injury is a reminder of two things to express gratitude for with this Bills team and season.

#1. Thankful that Josh Allen is huge and is getting better each game when he chooses to run or throw the ball away.

#2. The investment in the OL. Pass protection is a strength and linemen depth is a strength. Thank you, Beane, McDermott, and Oline pass game.

Yes, our defense needs youth, more playmakers, depth, and success, but after seeing Burrow's injury, I appreciate the investment and continual investment in protecting Allen.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Joe Burrow's injury is a reminder of two things to express gratitude for with this Bills team and season.

#1. Thankful that Josh Allen is huge and is getting better each game when he chooses to run or throw the ball away.

#2. The investment in the OL. Pass protection is a strength and linemen depth is a strength. Thank you, Beane, McDermott, and Oline pass game.

Yes, our defense needs youth, more playmakers, depth, and success, but after seeing Burrow's injury, I appreciate the investment and continual investment in protecting Allen.

I agree 100%.  Our pass protection has been solid all season.  Hopefully we can continue that going forward.  Keeping JA healthy will determine our success

The question is, how can we improve our run blocking, while keeping our pass pro at a high level?  Who has to go and who do we replace them with.  Going forward, if we want to chase super bowl rings, we have to be able to run the ball better than we currently are.  Bad weather = bad for pass happy offenses.  KC is pretty ugly in the winter.  So is Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, NE and Cinci.  It’s imperative that we improve on our run game.

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed..  Williams and Feliciano should be priorities 1a and 1b in the offseason.  If we move on from Morse, C/G becomes a top 64 pick imo.

I like Feliciano, but he seems to be below average in pass protection while a very solid run blocker.  Does Feliciano’s pass protection skills, or lack thereof, put JA in danger?  While he’s an upgrade over Brian Loseter at RG, that isn’t saying much. 

50 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed..  Williams and Feliciano should be priorities 1a and 1b in the offseason.  If we move on from Morse, C/G becomes a top 64 pick imo.

hhahha I see what you did here, with your hint on ¨a top 64 pick¨ .. good job! :beer:

I'd love to keep Williams, but his asking price may be out of our range. I think we keep Feliciano and plug him in at guard. Ideally I would like to see us get Landon Dickerson from Alabama or Josh Myers from Ohio St. in the 2nd Round to play Center next year, Dickerson being my preference. I really hope Morse hangs up the cleats for the sake of his long term health. As for RT if Williams gets more money elsewhere? I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd on a guy like Stone Forsythe from Florida who is a solid player and seems like his best position in the NFL will be RT imo. 

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'd love to keep Williams, but his asking price may be out of our range. I think we keep Feliciano and plug him in at guard. Ideally I would like to see us get Landon Dickerson from Alabama or Josh Myers from Ohio St. in the 2nd Round to play Center next year, Dickerson being my preference. I really hope Morse hangs up the cleats for the sake of his long term health. As for RT if Williams gets more money elsewhere? I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd on a guy like Stone Forsythe from Florida who is a solid player and seems like his best position in the NFL will be RT imo. 

I think they'll look to Free Agency - I cant see the plan being to start two rookies on the OL next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I'd be rather nervous if they were in a situation of starting two rookies next year.  If Morse retires, I'd be OK with the rookie at center, but would want a vet FA in the other slot, plus the three returnees.  I also think we have needs other places that nor sure we can afford two high draft picks this year on the line.