State of the Bills Roster Going Forward - IR, PS etc from Sal

Sal Capaccio does a comprehensive summary of the Bills Roster.  Who's on IR, when can they come back, how many practice squad call-ups remaining. You might want to pin or sticky this one for reference:

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/everything-you-need-to-know-bills-roster-schedule-cap-space

Highlights:
-As of Sunday morning, the Bills have 51 players on their active roster. They’re allowed 53 throughout the week.
-Josh Norman will take one slot as he comes off the covid-19 list, meaning we have 1 open roster slot remaining
-Cam Lewis and Tyrel Dodson are eligible to come off IR this week, but they can start practicing and the Bills have 3 weeks to activate
-Matt Milano can't come off until 30 Nov

-This Is It week for Tommy Sweeney.  He either starts practicing, or goes on season-ending IR.  If he starts practicing, Bills have 3 weeks to activate.  Given our dearth of high-quality TE play, I would truly like to see him practice for 3 weeks if he's ready. [UPDATE: Sweeney now out for season with myocarditis.  Wishing him a smooth recovery to full health!]

-2020 NFL rules state teams can elevate two players from their practice squad each week to allow them to have a 55-man roster on game day. Those players automatically revert back to the practice squad following that week’s game, without having to be subject to waivers. However, players can only be elevated a maximum of two times per-team. (Note that Covid-19 replacements don't count against this, which is why Dane Jackson has been elevated 4x and Jake Kumerow 2x but still has 1 left). 
No elevations remaining:
- LB - Deon Lacey
- CB - Dane Jackson
One elevation remaining:
- DE - Brian Cox Jr.
- WR - Duke Williams
- WR - Jake Kumerow
- OL - Jordan Devey
- DT - Brandin Bryant
- S - Josh Thomas
- CB - Daryl Worley
Two elevations remaining:
- QB - Davis Webb
- RB - Antonio Williams
- TE - Nate Becker
- OL - Trey Adams
- OL - Jonotthan Harrison
- DE - Mike Love
- LB - Darron Lee

In conclusion, I give you Mario Addison's take on the rest of the season.  "Failure Inspires Winners.  2nd Half of the Season is Ours"

image.thumb.png.01e1c3146898e191866098b944aa2712.png

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

You would think that they will have to add Dane Jackson to the roster full time at some point. He's at least on par with Wallace, has made some nice plays, and is a better option than Norman at this point. Hopefully he's at least protected under the guidelines, if not I could see another team trying to poach him off of the PS. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

You would think that they will have to add Dane Jackson to the roster full time at some point. He's at least on par with Wallace, has made some nice plays, and is a better option than Norman at this point. Hopefully he's at least protected under the guidelines, if not I could see another team trying to poach him off of the PS. 

Makes you wonder if they will just IR Norman and call it a season for him.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I agree, he's earned his spot IMO

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Makes you wonder if they will just IR Norman and call it a season for him.  

Not if they think norman gives them a better chance of winning.  Protecting players is all well and good for the future, but this team wants to win this year - gimme the best guys to do it.  I don't think i've seen norman do anything particularly spectacular, but the coaching staff trusts him, and he'll probably start by the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

well that sucks 

I'm at the point where I think that anything the Bills get out of Milano this season is pure gravy.  The guy's been so banged up, it's hard to expect anything like 2019 out of him in the next six weeks.   If he can get back, that's great, but I'm not counting on it.  

And I don't get the people here - not you - who don't want Norman back.  He played with a lot of heart - he really bought into the team, I think.  Wallace may be the better all-round corner, but when the Bills run into a pass-happy team, like the Chiefs, I think Norman's cover skills would be a big plus.  He's clearly more creative back there than Wallace.  

• Like (+1) 2

My assumption is that Dane Jackson can still play for the Bills, but must be named to the active roster to do so, and can't be named as a game day elevation.  Does that mean if he's put on the active roster, he can be sent to the PS again unless waived?

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In conclusion, I give you Mario Addison's take on the rest of the season.  "Failure Inspires Winners.  2nd Half of the Season is Ours"

image.thumb.png.01e1c3146898e191866098b944aa2712.png

So the mostly invisible former panther is all of a sudden going to "turn it on"? Yawn. Wake me up when he shows up on the stat sheet for god-knows how many millions we pay this guy... *rolleyes*

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm at the point where I think that anything the Bills get out of Milano this season is pure gravy.  The guy's been so banged up, it's hard to expect anything like 2019 out of him in the next six weeks.   If he can get back, that's great, but I'm not counting on it.  

And I don't get the people here - not you - who don't want Norman back.  He played with a lot of heart - he really bought into the team, I think.  Wallace may be the better all-round corner, but when the Bills run into a pass-happy team, like the Chiefs, I think Norman's cover skills would be a big plus.  He's clearly more creative back there than Wallace.  

Actually .....  I think Norman has a lot to prove.  or more to do during the game. 

He saved the Pats game for sure.  But he's missed more games than he's played. No?  

The whole team does there thing  and can't be a superstar on every play.  

I'm a bit off put because of his non actions in DC (local news brainwashing)