Week 11 MNF: LA Rams at TB Bucs, 8:15 ET

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep. Deep balls regressed again since the first few weeks of this season 

Have we even really attempted many the past 3 weeks?  

I can’t remember too many deep shots we’ve dialed up lately.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Have we even really attempted many the past 3 weeks?  

I can’t remember too many deep shots we’ve dialed up lately.  

Yes, 7 or so off the top of my head. All have been bad overthrows. He has gone back to having no loft on his throws (because he can throw it a mile), but the lack of air under them means that receivers simply don’t have time to adjust— especially when the throws are inaccurate (as these throws have been).

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes, 7 or so off the top of my head. All have been bad overthrows.

I don’t believe you can recall 7 deep shots that Allen badly overthrew off the top of your head.  

Definitely not in the last 3 weeks, one of which being NE where we ran all game. 

Last egregious one I can remember is John Brown against KC.  Since then we’re dealing with nonstop zone coverage and safeties over the top.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It is, but you can argue if your hand pushes the ball forward even a little, it's a pass attempt.

That's exactly like the Rivers play yesterday. If the balls in his hand going forward it's incomplete. They got it right.

1 minute ago, balln said:

bills dont really throw deep posts. or even ...gasp a double move..... they are 20 yards deep crossers or sideline throws.

brown has been injured for the a lot of the year and teams have started to drop back ever since the game in fish land.

• Like (+1) 1