Playoff Machine is up and running

Orlando Tim

Just now, matter2003 said:

Has any team ever won a division with 6 wins?  Cause I think it is going to happen in the NFC East this year...Philly is a dumpster fire even though they technically lead the division due to a tie...Giants are just not that great even though they play teams tough they still usually lose, and Redskins are...well the Redskins. Cowboys are back in a 3 way tie for second place but does anyone legit see them getting 3 more wins??

I seem to remember Seattle winning theirs at 7-9 one year. I dont think anyone has won it at 6-10, but we could certainly see that this year. 2020, yo.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I seem to remember Seattle winning theirs at 7-9 one year. I dont think anyone has won it at 6-10, but we could certainly see that this year. 2020, yo.

Yes, they did...that was the year there was an uproar because a very good Saints team had to travel there in the first round and they lost, even tho the Saints had 4 more wins I believe...also I think that might have been the Marshawn Lynch run through the entire defense for a TD game

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Yes, they did...that was the year there was an uproar because a very good Saints team had to travel there in the first round and they lost, even tho the Saints had 4 more wins I believe...also I think that might have been the Marshawn Lynch run through the entire defense for a TD game

2010. Very interesting playoff year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_NFL_playoffs

In the opening wildcard round of the playoffs, three of the four home teams had fewer wins than the away team. The exception was the Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia Eagles match, where both were 10–6

1 hour ago, H2o said:

With the Browns, we would basically have to sell out against stopping the run for 60 minutes and make Baker Mayfield beat us. Chubb is a monster and Kareem Hunt, a former All Pro, is the next man up. With our performance against some of the lesser RB's we have seen I believe it's still a tough matchup. We definitely need Milano healthy for the playoffs. 

I would take Josh and our coaching staff's growing experience with understand the weather impact in Bills Stadium vs Baker and browns all day long.

I have us as either the 3rd or 4th seed even if we go 5-1 down the stretch. Pittsburgh has a very easy schedule with the Bills' game being the toughest one left on their schedule. KC also likely either wins out or only loses one more game. That's 1st and 2nd seeds in my scenario in the Machine. I don't see, given the game left, that Miami or Cleveland even make the playoffs. 

At 3, it looks like we would get either TN or  BAL depending on who wins the TN vs. IND game this weekend. If we lose to Miami in week 17, we'd drop to the 4th seed. Here's my AFC playoff bracket:

image.png.a8ac7042c838cb17be330d88cbaee1ba.png

Whether we go 3-3 or 6-0 our seeding will not change from the 3 or 4 unless something surprising happens elsewhere. The Dolphins also most likely will lose the tiebreakers to us so they would have to be one game better than us in the next 5 weeks for that last week to matter.

1 hour ago, BisonMan said:

I have us as either the 3rd or 4th seed even if we go 5-1 down the stretch. Pittsburgh has a very easy schedule with the Bills' game being the toughest one left on their schedule. KC also likely either wins out or only loses one more game. That's 1st and 2nd seeds in my scenario in the Machine. I don't see, given the game left, that Miami or Cleveland even make the playoffs. 

At 3, it looks like we would get either TN or  BAL depending on who wins the TN vs. IND game this weekend. If we lose to Miami in week 17, we'd drop to the 4th seed. Here's my AFC playoff bracket:

you have the raiders winning out???

11 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

The playoff simulation machine isn’t as fun when I don’t have to try as hard to come up with ridiculous scenarios to secure a playoff spot.

Yes, the “problems” we now have of being a good team.

Feels good, bro!

12 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Do you have Pittsburgh’s one loss being against us?

While I hope that they lose more games than one, it would be cool if we were the ones that kept them from an undefeated regular season.

I lived in the Pittsburgh area for several years. Let’s just say that I do NOT like the Steelers!

17 hours ago, BisonMan said:

I have no lower than the 3rd seed for Buffalo.  

I get either Buffalo Vs CLE or Mia in the first round 

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Cleveland will find a way to blow the season, it never fails

I said that yesterday myself.   :lol:

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

I have the Bills winning the #1 seed... They have to win out though. ;)

Pitt and KC losing out?  Not going to happen IMO.

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If season ended today, here is where we are.

I'd take this scenario every time.

1080x1031.png.2bc06ce73ac346dcb5cdf1b79f6450f4.large

I would be good with Cleveland, or Tennessee. The Raiders have improved since we played them, and Indy seems to have all the right pieces.

20 hours ago, H2o said:

With the Browns, we would basically have to sell out against stopping the run for 60 minutes and make Baker Mayfield beat us. Chubb is a monster and Kareem Hunt, a former All Pro, is the next man up. With our performance against some of the lesser RB's we have seen I believe it's still a tough matchup. We definitely need Milano healthy for the playoffs. 

The Browns have been running against lesser opponents. Lets see how they do against Pittsburgh and Baltimore? ... the results won't be much different the second time around. Which is also why they probably don't hold this spot, and probably won't make it to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

What a shame it would it be. First home playoff game in about 23 years and no fans there to see it.

hard to say. 

All people need to do is wear a freaking mask and social distance for 6 weeks and THEY can put people in the stands.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

With the way the new playoff format is with 7 teams and only the top team getting a first round bye, technically the 3 seed could have home field throughout. Especially, with the above scenario. If we did play the Browns round 1 and win and the Raiders went back to Arrowhead and knock off the Chiefs again which to me is possible, that means that the lowest remaining team would go to Pittsburgh after their bye. If that ends up being the Raiders after knocking off the Chiefs, that means with the Chiefs eliminated, the Bills become the next highest remaining seed and will also play round 2 at home as well. If the Raiders go to Pittsburgh and knock them off and the Bills win round 2, that leaves the Bills home for the Championship game against any remaining opponent. It's crazy to think about but could happen

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Pitt and KC losing out?  Not going to happen IMO.

I was curious and did it. Its not too crazy , but Buffalo definitely need to win out. KC needs to drop Bucs, Saints, Chargers. Pittsburgh needs to drop Ravens, Colts, and Bills.

Implausible but this is what the playoff machine was made for :) Dream scenarios fleshed out on paper!

Capture.thumb.JPG.99894b7b23c530f75da6ae638ceebb9d.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel