2021 Premature Draft- List your top 3 positions of need

MClem06

Mine are LB spot opposite of Milano #1

CB opposite of Trey Day #2 (I acould see us grabbing more than one with our picks)

Best available Run Blocking Offensive Guard/Tackle #3  (some would argue this should be first or second)

Never would have thought this time last year that our defensive needs outweigh the offensive needs.  Would be amazing to get a big splash TE in free agency if there are any coming up that position has sucked for us this year. Knox hasn't panned out yet and kroft's consistency is suspect.  

Feel free to chime in with your draft top 3 and maybe a few free agent names that will hit the market in your perceived pos. of need.  

1. DE - Ideally a talented pass rusher falls into our laps with that first pick.. Someone we can plug into RDE opposite of AJ Epenesa whom I feel will be a talented pass rusher for us.. We’d have Daryl Johnson rotating in but would still be in dire need of depth.. will Jerry Hughes take a pay cut?

2. LB - Ideally you sign Milano to a one year prove it deal.. you decline Edmunds’ 5th year option and the two compete for an extension next year.. Draft a smart cerebral type of MLB who can play chess against some of the top QBs in the NFL.. Someone who can stop the run and get our defenses in the right formations..

3. C/G - Feliciano can play either guard or center.. I think you dump Morse’s contract.. very expensive and he’s at risk of being permanently injured and out of the NFL.. We can get out of his contract in 2021 and we should do so.. Take the best interior OL prospect available here.. Draft even more depth later on..

(Still need: NT, return man/speed WR, CB, CB, more OL depth)

• Like (+1) 1

Pass rusher. Pass rusher. Pass rusher.

After that a 1tech DT, a corner #2 and TE #1 are both on the list as is another linebacker, a safety and a speed receiver. A lot will depend on how many of last year's uninspiring crop of FAs they are willing to move on from. Norman was only a 1 year deal, as is Brian Winters and (in reality) Vernon Butler's. Addison and Klein cost money to get out of.... but that will affect how they approach this year's free agency and, critically as a consequence, how they approach the draft.

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Pass rusher. Pass rusher. Pass rusher.

After that a 1tech DT, a corner #2 and TE #1 are both on the list as is another linebacker, a safety and a speed receiver. A lot will depend on how many of last year's uninspiring crop of FAs they are willing to move on from. Wallace was only a 1 year deal, as is Brian Winters and (in reality) Vernon Butler's. Addison and Klein cost money to get out of.... but that will affect how they approach this year's free agency and, critically as a consequence, how they approach the draft.

Wallace wasn’t really a 1 year deal. He was a UDFA, which means he’s a RFA every year until he reaches his the proper amount of service time and the Bills just have to tender him a contract at the minimum threshold to retain him. 

Right tackle- Can't afford williams.....obviously my assumption

Edge- Everyone we have is thirty plus minus johsnon and epenesa 

Safety- Sneaky need but Hyde isn't getting younger

Linebacker- Not sure how this plays out in the offseason but we have Klein who has basically started all year

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Wallace wasn’t really a 1 year deal. He was a UDFA, which means he’s a RFA every year until he reaches his the proper amount of service time and the Bills just have to tender him a contract at the minimum threshold to retain him. 

Sorry I wrote Wallace when I meant Norman.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I think we need a big body in the middle and go DT early too.  But FA will determine the order. Mine is  LB/DT/TE/CB/RB.

Don’t forget that Star Lotulelei will be back.. that will be a huge boon to our DL.. but of course we could use another hog to plug into that DL.. Dalvin Tomlinson in free agency would be a solid option.. dump Butler, Jefferson, Addison and Hughes.. draft a DE with that 1st pick and we’re cooking..

• Like (+1) 2

Under the doomsday cap scenario, I think we move on from Morse/Milano & use that money to re-sign Feliciano/Williams. 

C/G

LB

WR (Speed is essential to this offense)

I'm rolling with Knox next year unless Pitts or Freiermuth are somehow in our range.

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

Mine are LB spot opposite of Milano #1

CB opposite of Trey Day #2 (I acould see us grabbing more than one with our picks)

Best available Run Blocking Offensive Guard/Tackle #3  (some would argue this should be first or second)

Never would have thought this time last year that our defensive needs outweigh the offensive needs.  Would be amazing to get a big splash TE in free agency if there are any coming up that position has sucked for us this year. Knox hasn't panned out yet and kroft's consistency is suspect.  

Feel free to chime in with your draft top 3 and maybe a few free agent names that will hit the market in your perceived pos. of need.  

DE - Kwity Paye, Michigan

TE - Pat Freiermuth - Penn State

CB - Asante Samuel Jr. Fl State

Those would be the targets in the first round based on our current draft position.

Second Round

DE - Xavier Thomas - Clemson

TE - Brevin Jordan - MIA

CB - Tyreke Johnson - Ohio St

Third Round

DE - Patrick Jones II - Pitt

TE - Jake Ferguson - WI

CB - TJ Carter - Memphis

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I see Rb, Defense, Te as needs not in any order.  I think they could add a first rd player at any level of defense.  Im looking at this from a first rd perspective.  I think Etinne or Harris would be in play late first rd.  Would have good value.  Possibly, the kid from Fl or Ferimuth could be in discussion too.

LB - We just aren't deep enough

NT - We need someone about 6'6" inches tall and just as wide.

ST'er - McBeane tends to like ST players that can't play a regular position or do anything other than play on teams, lets get a 7'0" tall guy who failed at Basketball because he couldn't shoot the ball. Said player could stand on the goal line on hail Mary situations and line up to block FG's and XP's.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Free agency comes first. Have no idea until after that 

we would not be a big participant in FA as we don't have much cap space and we have to sign RT Williams,  possibly allocate cash for Josh Allen and get a replacement for Milano

• Like (+1) 2