The End of Normal Bills Sundays As We Know It

corta765

Fans of 1pm Sunday games enjoy this upcoming Chargers game because after that the Bills will most likely have four consecutive games at odd times. After LA we have MNF 49ers, SNF Steelers, probably Saturday at DEN, and then MNF Pats. I have been a fan of a few not 1pm games like maybe four in a season sprinkled one per month so this is going to be different haha.

Also next year don't expect a massive return to 1pm games with the Bills now a team that gets night games and the following popular teams on docket:

-NOLA

-TB

-KC/VEG

-IND

-BAL or PIT

That doesn't include the up and coming Dolphins or Jets most likely led by T-Law. At times I have believed the drought spoiled us in the sense of we almost always had 13-14 1 pm games because the team was garbage. I am thrilled the Bills are back to being a good team, but I am also expecting many more years like this where we have a lot of games non 1 pm. I swear to god no Tuesday games ever again though lol

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Fans of 1pm Sunday games enjoy this upcoming Chargers game because after that the Bills will most likely have four consecutive games at odd times. After LA we have MNF 49ers, SNF Steelers, probably Saturday at DEN, and then MNF Pats. I have been a fan of a few not 1pm games like maybe four in a season sprinkled one per month so this is going to be different haha.

Also next year don't expect a massive return to 1pm games with the Bills now a team that gets night games and the following popular teams on docket:

-NOLA

-TB

-TB

-IND

-BAL or PIT

That doesn't include the up and coming Dolphins or Jets most likely led by T-Law. At times I have believed the drought spoiled us in the sense of we almost always had 13-14 1 pm games because the team was garbage. I am thrilled the Bills are back to being a good team, but I am also expecting many more years like this where we have a lot of games non 1 pm. I swear to god no Tuesday games ever again though lol

I don't really care for MNF - I'll try it tonight and see how i like the new crew though. 

We didnt play well earlier in the year when the Titans covid party took place, but hopefully that was more of a fluke because of the unknown factor. 

These guys have set the team up for some primetime showdowns, so you have to think they are ready to go and have been waiting for this. 

I hate playing any games that are not 1pm Sunday games. We win those.......anything other than that and without looking it up I don't think we are very good.  Yes I know we beat Dallas and Steelers last year but under Mcdermott I struggle to think of other primetime games we've won. 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

We didnt play well earlier in the year when the Titans covid party took place, but hopefully that was more of a fluke because of the unknown factor. 

These guys have set the team up for some primetime showdowns, so you have to think they are ready to go and have been waiting for this. 

I agree. I'd like to think that also having to game plan for 2 different teams at the same time and not knowing for sure which one you will be playing may have had something to do with it too. 

Although this upcoming game the Bills will have a pretty much healthy squad going into this so I think we will see a pretty good performance.

16 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Yea the Titans game between injuries, the constant adjustments, and the Titans being rested and hyper pissed now just looks like more a perfect storm then a real indictment of the Bills.

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

I hate playing any games that are not 1pm Sunday games. We win those.......anything other than that and without looking it up I don't think we are very good.  Yes I know we beat Dallas and Steelers last year but under Mcdermott I struggle to think of other primetime games we've won. 

Currently 2-5 in primetime/playoffs. 

NYJ loss where buffalo fumbled 3 times.  

MNF loss where derek anderson started on MNF. I went to that game, i don't even remember scoring 6 points.

Dallas thanksgiving win.

Pitts SNF win in ugly fashion.

Texans Playoff game 

Tennesse - turnover fest from the getgo.  2 picks returned to our territory, 40yd punt return, and even the insult to injury fumble by roberts at the end.  

KC - Strange gameplan that kind of worked?  Allen played his worst game of the year in terrible rain conditions.  Seemed to rain less when KC had the ball for whatever reason..

So not great?  But I'd throw out the NE loss since... that 2018 team wasn't beating NE on sunday, wednesday or any other day.  2 turnover fests with Tenn and NYJ - I'm not sure that's really coaching though.  

47 minutes ago, corta765 said:

-NOLA

-TB

-TB

-IND

-BAL or PIT

We don't play Tampa Bay twice.

52 minutes ago, corta765 said:

-NOLA

-TB

-TB

-IND

-BAL or PIT

I hope they don't give us Sat. vs Denver because that would give us back-to-back 6 day weeks, which seems like a strong competitive disadvantage.

Just now, corta765 said:

Yea the Titans game between injuries, the constant adjustments, and the Titans being rested and hyper pissed now just looks like more a perfect storm then a real indictment of the Bills.

1st drive: dropped first down turns into int field position at buffalo 16..  Possibly the worst start you could ask for?  

2nd drive: TD yayy

3rd drive: WR false start on 3rd and 1... ugh. 

4th drive: FG

5th drive: 3 minutes in the half and we use like 11 seconds and gain a yard. They get a big 3rd down conversion on a bad PI call on norman.  

6th drive: Allen INT at a terrible time, returned to buffalo 12. 

7th drive: TD yayyy

Tenn then drove down the field, a bad Offside on epenesa kept it alive - they scored the TD.  Then roberts fumbled and they scored another TD.  

Just poor execution - players maybe being too excited? 

25 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Part of that is because under McD prior to this year they played a total five prime time games:

2017: TNF Jets L

2018: MNF home Pats L

2019: Thanksgiving DAL W

SNF Steelers W

Saturday Night Pats L

Overall 2-3 going into this year so not much really to go off of and before that they had won two primetime games this last decade, Dolphins 2012 and Jets 2015. So I understand mentally anytime at night always felt like a disaster.

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

We don't play Tampa Bay twice.

Whoops thanks that was suppose to be KC/VEG

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope they don't give us Sat. vs Denver because that would give us back-to-back 6 day weeks, which seems like a strong competitive disadvantage.

I hear ya but take a look at the other four games and Buffalo v DEN is in the Top 3 of games likeability wise. Also there is a small possibility DEN is "in the hunt" which they can market the game as a playoff chase thing.

47 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

The party in Tennessee seemed to have issues because repeated disruptions of schedule. 

Some were justifiably concerned about their health as well since the three stooges seemed to be in charge there.

NFL should have just imposed rule - if you cannot keep your house in order whether by error or nature you play elsewhere (aka Bills home game in Detroit).

• Like (+1) 1