Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"seeing ghosts" appears to be a fairly standard football term

So the Bills, in contrast, are giving their players the whole day off on Thanksgiving.  🤨

We hope our coaches and Sports Medicine guys have a plan, and it's not a sign we aren't taking this enough seriously

McDermott doesn't seem like the type to overlook a game...and he's so far undefeated after the bye. I think it's more about just letting the guys be with family on Thanksgiving. They don't need to be adjusting their body clocks like the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"seeing ghosts" appears to be a fairly standard football term

So the Bills, in contrast, are giving their players the whole day off on Thanksgiving.  🤨

We hope our coaches and Sports Medicine guys have a plan, and it's not a sign we aren't taking this enough seriously

I mean.... is there really a concern that Sean freaking McDermott isn’t taking a game seriously? I personally have zero concern about that being the reason for the day off. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... is there really a concern that Sean freaking McDermott isn’t taking a game seriously? I personally have zero concern about that being the reason for the day off. 

I mean...after the horrid loss to the Titans, McDermott basically took blame for not having the team ready and said something to the effect he would handle the schedule (where he gave them a day off when the game was delayed) differently...so yes? 

He acknowledges they make decisions about how to balance prep with time off to stay fresh in weeks with non-standard schedules (which is gonna be like, every week for a while), and that sometimes in hindsight they aren't the right ones?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean...after the horrid loss to the Titans, McDermott basically took blame for not having the team ready and said something to the effect he would handle the schedule (where he gave them a day off when the game was delayed) differently...so yes? 

He acknowledges they make decisions about how to balance prep with time off to stay fresh in weeks with non-standard schedules (which is gonna be like, every week for a while), and that sometimes in hindsight they aren't the right ones?

Good points. But my point is I don’t necessarily think it has anything to do with lack of seriousness 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He didn’t give them any extra time off this week. They always practice 3 full days. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Interesting to see that the stats this year for Allen and Herbert are pretty close to identical. Herbert has a slightly higher passer rating and Allen has a slightly higher total qbr rating (largely because of his rushing/receiving TDs; he has 6 to Herbert’s 3). Anyway, Herbert is having one of the best rookie seasons for a qb that I have ever seen. Not that I’m any sort of qb prognosticator myself, but the critics of him in the draft were WAY off. I chalk that up at least in part to bias against the Pac-12.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HerbJu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

He’s been nothing short of stellar imo. The sky is the limit for him. Just another stud QB in the AFC Josh will have to battle for the next decade+

I’ll take my QB because he wants it more.  

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Another DNP for Brown on the estimated injury report for today. Ugh not good, was hoping he'd be all healed up after the bye. 

Beasley going to have another monster game on Sunday.

Hughes at “FP” a good sign. Doubt John brown plays this week. Will have an extra day next week to get ready for SF on MNF

Edited by YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Process said:

Another DNP for Brown on the estimated injury report for today. Ugh not good, was hoping he'd be all healed up after the bye. 

Beasley going to have another monster game on Sunday.

TBH, I think the team let him come back too soon for the Chiefs game.  I hope they're more conservative, because if he can't be effective it's the worst of both worlds (meaning ineffective + extended injury rehab)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, I think the team let him come back too soon for the Chiefs game.  I hope they're more conservative, because if he can't be effective it's the worst of both worlds (meaning ineffective + extended injury rehab)

I am sure they felt he was recovered enough from the knee to play, although he was clearly not at 100%, and probably will not be this year.  He was definitely lacking full speed and acceleration the last couple of games he has played.  He has tried to play though this and his importance to the team even less than fully healthy is obvious.  The ankle was another bad break for him.  Hopefully he will be available for SF, but another week of rest for him would not be the worst thing.