Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, appoo said:

Have a sneaking suspicion that Dane Jackson was a the 2nd best corner in the organization. Think the Bills will lock him up when given the opportunity

They already have him locked up, for this season and 3 more after that. I assume you mean to a longer contract?  Since they day he signed I can guarantee they have had zero conversations about "locking him up" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I see the Bills taking care of business. The D has done a much better job of game planning. While Wilson did some damage and Murray got the last second TD. We caused challenges for both -Wilson turnovers and Murray 170 yards up to the last drive. If you take out the Hail Mary he has about 200 yards. I see us giving a really good rookie QB in Herbert enough trouble to win by 10. McClappy and BD know that some semblance of a running game post Thanksgiving has to happen. Time for the OL and Motor to have a day. 

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Isn’t he on a practice squad contract?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/dane-jackson-47837/

That was my understanding - as soon as the team cuts him and he goes on the PS, his original rookie contract no longer applies

But it's just my understanding, PS rules confuse me every year and doubly so this year

So several sources reported John Brown and Dawson Knox missed practice today. 

John Brown makes sense - he's been nursing a bum knee then the ankle injury, give him time.

Anyone know what's up with Knox?  Did any of the coaches say anything?

6 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Agree 100%.  Concussion history or not, the bottom line is Mitch Morse is by far our best option at center.  I know Feliciano filled in admirably, and even Boettger as well at times, but to me its a no-brainer.  You put your best 5 guys out there, and I MUCH prefer Mongo at G, where he can get nasty, and do what he does best, and that's road grade m****f***s out the way and clear big ol paths for Motor Moss and Josh (ooh that's catchy) to run through.  By God how many games have we had our original starting 5 (Dawkins, Ford, Morse, Feliciano and Williams) out there to start a game? Once, twice?  Coming down the home stretch we absolutely need continuity on our line as the run game is going to become more and more necessary for us to win these ball games....I say if McDermott really sits Morse, it's due to his health above all other things...JMHO.

I believe this would be the first time all season that we have all five starting offensive lineman playing; should that happen on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Schefter said today on NFL live that he was told last week eckler is 2-3 weeks out and that if he was to guess, he would say he plays next week and not this week. 

Thanks for sharing. Man, that would be huge!

Edited by BillsFan619

Chargers fans seem like the most confident 3-7 fanbase ever.  That said their take on their season is that Herbert plays out of his mind, then Anthony Lynn decides to run the ball for the sake of running the ball.  Then Anthony Lynn makes a shoddy situational football decision and/or shows poor clock management and they lose by a possession.  Rinse, repeat to a 3-7 record.

Herbert actually scares me the least in this.  McD and Frazier found ways to limit Mahomes and force Russell Wilson into mistakes.  Philip Rivers used to sit in the pocket, get the ball out in two seconds, and throw about 20 7-yard completions in a row.  Those were long afternoons.

33 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Chargers fans seem like the most confident 3-7 fanbase ever.  That said their take on their season is that Herbert plays out of his mind, then Anthony Lynn decides to run the ball for the sake of running the ball.  Then Anthony Lynn makes a shoddy situational football decision and/or shows poor clock management and they lose by a possession.  Rinse, repeat to a 3-7 record.

Herbert actually scares me the least in this.  McD and Frazier found ways to limit Mahomes and force Russell Wilson into mistakes.  Philip Rivers used to sit in the pocket, get the ball out in two seconds, and throw about 20 7-yard completions in a row.  Those were long afternoons.

Herbert has played so well as a rookie it’s almost hard to believe but Miami did a nice job defensively against him a couple weeks ago  which is worth emulating ... Jets couldn’t because they didn’t have the personnel. They were playing late round rookies and guys off the street at corner. I think having 9 games of film on him now is helpful. LAC running game and OL is very meh. Their RBs average even less YPC than the Bills. 

Edited by YoloinOhio