Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Isn't Dane out of designated elevations from practice squad. Not exactly sure how that works now

They would need to sign him to the 53 for him to play. They do have an open roster spot 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You would hope they would be looking for him since he went out injured vs. the Cards...

I wonder if they aren’t allowed to report on the PS players? Makes no sense, but even a twitter search yielded zero mention of him except for fans asking if he was practicing 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They would need to sign him to the 53 for him to play. They do have an open roster spot 

I wonder if they aren’t allowed to report on the PS players? Makes no sense, but even a twitter search yielded zero mention of him except for fans asking if he was practicing 

I wonder if this is a sign they are not going to sign him this week... 

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I know this is a Chargers v Bills thread, but how in the hell did the Bills lose to the Eagles???

Not sure what this means. They played them last year, and the Eagles were 9-7 and a playoff team....

Edited by YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

what is a sign? 

Well if they had decided to sign to the 53 then he would be on the field right? And probably somebody would have said something. plus I figured if he was going to play this week they would have already activated him

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I know this is a Chargers v Bills thread, but how in the hell did the Bills lose to the Eagles???

I'm guessing by scoring less points? 

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Well if they had decided to sign to the 53 then he would be on the field right? And probably somebody would have said something. plus I figured if he was going to play this week they would have already activated him

They have until 4pm Sat to sign him and he may have been on the field, no one said either way. They would likely wait until later in the week to sign him, unless another team was sniffing around,  because they need to assess who will and won’t be available first and then decide who to use from the PS. Also, if they get another Covid positive this week he’s a free call up and they wouldn’t need to sign and could use that spot for a guy like Dodson if he’s ready. The fact the roster spot is open to me means it is probably doing to be his IF he is healthy. If he’s not, or they don’t know if he will be yet, no reason to sign him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Hey Yolo! While I'm a rookie poster, I have come to this site for years. Don't know why I didn't join sooner.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for your weekly opponent thread and all your updates. It's one of the main threads I follow during the week of.

I know it takes consistency and work, so again, thanks bro!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Hey Yolo! While I'm a rookie poster, I have come to this site for years. Don't know why I didn't join sooner.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for your weekly opponent thread and all your updates. It's one of the main threads I follow during the week of.

I know it takes consistency and work, so again, thanks bro!

Heyward/Diggs

dawkins/bosa

tre white/Keenan Allen 

McDermott vs defending Herbert 

chargers LBs vs a galloping Josh 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I don't pretend to know the Chargers well. So, for those of you who are more knowledgeable, what is a key player to player matchup for this weekend's game?

Keenan Allen vs Taron Johnson.  The chargers should go to him early and often.  

Mike Williams vs the boundary corners-  he’s huge and has the jump ball advantage vs everyone

Ekeler vs Klein.  Bwhahahaha

If we keep Bosa in check and don’t turn the ball over, I think we score 40+

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brandon Flowers/Diggs

dawkins/bosa

tre white/Keenan Allen 

McDermott vs defending Herbert 

chargers LBs vs a galloping Josh 

Do you think we’ll have Tre on Allen?  

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Keenan Allen vs Taron Johnson.  The chargers should go to him early and often.  

Mike Williams vs the boundary corners-  he’s huge and has the jump ball advantage vs everyone

Ekeler vs Klein.  Bwhahahaha

If we keep Bosa in check and don’t turn the ball over, I think we score 40+

Do you think we’ll have Tre on Allen?  

Yes but we since we play a lot of  zone D and he usually doesn’t follow a WR the whole game, he plays the right boundary. Allen moves around but I expect him to be covered by white quite a bit. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

I wonder if this is a sign they are not going to sign him this week... 

Looks like Norman is back, so probably not.

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Weather forecast looking good.  High of 50, partly cloudy, little wind, and only a 10% chance of rain.

Perfect November football weather, at least for the Bills.  

I feel a Zach Moss game coming. 

Maybe its the matchup. 

Maybe its because I feel like we spent the bye trying to figure out how to fix our run game and he's clearly passing Singletary on the snaps chart.  

95 total yards.  4 catches.  2 TDs.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/23/2020 at 3:38 PM, Logic said:

Hmmm.

I'm really, really hoping this is just the usual thing of McDermott not wanting to tip his hand, so that the upcoming opponent doesn't know who to prepare for at a given position.

If they really, legitimately are thinking about not starting Morse at center, I'll be concerned that something highly unusual and not at all good happened behind the scenes in the OL room.

When it was pre bye week, coming off a concussion, I understood holding him out. But now, after the bye, with Morse being fully medically cleared? I just wouldn't understand not starting him.

He was highly thought of by everyone on the team, from Beane to McDermott to Allen, and for him to suddenly be anything BUT that would worry me.

Agree 100%.  Concussion history or not, the bottom line is Mitch Morse is by far our best option at center.  I know Feliciano filled in admirably, and even Boettger as well at times, but to me its a no-brainer.  You put your best 5 guys out there, and I MUCH prefer Mongo at G, where he can get nasty, and do what he does best, and that's road grade m****f***s out the way and clear big ol paths for Motor Moss and Josh (ooh that's catchy) to run through.  By God how many games have we had our original starting 5 (Dawkins, Ford, Morse, Feliciano and Williams) out there to start a game? Once, twice?  Coming down the home stretch we absolutely need continuity on our line as the run game is going to become more and more necessary for us to win these ball games....I say if McDermott really sits Morse, it's due to his health above all other things...JMHO.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 3