Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Marino?

That comparison is...interesting.

These two players are complete opposites in terms of physical traits AND personalities. One is big and athletic and has a giant arm but is very introverted, while the other had a quick release, accuracy, and enjoyed tanning, whining, and screaming at his own players and the refs. 

What's the similarity, again?

I'm thinking of his extraordinary start, which recalls Marino, and his accuracy on the deep ball, same. I wasn't thinking personality. 

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Those all reds can be retired. They remind me of pajamas.

If by “retire” you mean throw them into a giant pile in the parking lot and set them on fire, I’m 100% with you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm thinking of his extraordinary start, which recalls Marino, and his accuracy on the deep ball, same. I wasn't thinking personality. 

In that context, I can see what you're saying. 

Because truly nothing else is similar about those two at all. And we expected Marino to do what he did. Not many really thought Herbert would be NFL-ready like he has been.

Just now, Augie said:

If by “retire” you mean throw them into a giant pile in the parking lot and set them on fire, I’m 100% with you! 

I would like to see if red objects burns hotter. Let’s use those as an experiment to either prove or disprove my hypothesis.

• Like (+1) 1

I've got to say, I enjoyed watching football without the stress of a Bills game last weekend.  Although I was complaining loudly when Gordon fumbled that ball at the goal line.🙂 

Looking forward to a much smaller injury report this week...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yeah, I’m thinking like a 7–10 point victory this weekend.

I want to believe this but not sure if it is a realistic expectation. Good defense (except for when they inexplicably start to melt down in the second half every week which is awfully familiar and is why I am interested to see how it plays out with 2 teams that can’t get out of their own way in the 3rd). Pretty sure they also get Ekeler back which is going to spark their offense. And they have a very good QB and WRs. Heck, our offenses are very similar, and the difference between the Chargers we have watched for the past 5 weeks and the Chargers we are about to face is Austin Ekeler. I believe he’s back, and he is a lot better than what they had before, and a lot better than what we have at RB. 

We absolutely need to win this game, and I have faith that we will because one major difference between these two teams is the Bills DO know how to finish (Hail Mary aside). Meanwhile the Chargers nearly gave the game away to the JETS last week. It’s just what they do, but they’ll also play everyone close and give you a scare which is why I’m not sure how we win by 7-10, but I sure hope so.

Edited by BobBelcher

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Chargers are a team that has found away to lose close games.  I would not look past them.  A rested Bills team should come out and be aggressive on both sides of the ball.  If the Bills get an early lead, it will be a good day for them.  I look for the Bills to get the win.

I don’t think they’ll look past the Chargers after the loss they had. That said, if they do, McD will keep them focused so that they won’t look past them. He’s good at that.

Yeah, I’m thinking victory too.

Edited by BillsFan619

18 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t mind Feely at all. 

Gumbel and Gannon are generally pretty annoying and repetitive. 

Different strokes for different folks but I cant stand Feely.  Seems to take enjoyment in Buffalo doing poorly.  Not a fan at all.  That said, I have six kids so I generally cant hear a dang thing they say anyways.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Different strokes for different folks but I cant stand Feely.  Seems to take enjoyment in Buffalo doing poorly.  Not a fan at all.  That said, I have six kids so I generally cant hear a dang thing they say anyways.

I've been muting football games since the Howard Cosell days. So it doesn't matter to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Jay Feely was a kicker, which makes him ineligible to render ANY insightful analysis of any other aspect of the game. He should be confined to commentary on kickoffs and placekicks on FG and extra point attempts only, which amounts to nothing more than “laces out, Dan.”

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I want to believe this but not sure if it is a realistic expectation. Good defense (except for when they inexplicably start to melt down in the second half every week which is awfully familiar and is why I am interested to see how it plays out with 2 teams that can’t get out of their own way in the 3rd). Pretty sure they also get Ekeler back which is going to spark their offense. And they have a very good QB and WRs. Heck, our offenses are very similar, and the difference between the Chargers we have watched for the past 5 weeks and the Chargers we are about to face is Austin Ekeler. I believe he’s back, and he is a lot better than what they had before, and a lot better than what we have at RB. 

We absolutely need to win this game, and I have faith that we will because one major difference between these two teams is the Bills DO know how to finish (Hail Mary aside). Meanwhile the Chargers nearly gave the game away to the JETS last week. It’s just what they do, but they’ll also play everyone close and give you a scare which is why I’m not sure how we win by 7-10, but I sure hope so.

Thanks for sharing.

Your thoughts are the reason I started my range with 7 points. 7 points would have the chargers losing a one score game, which they are infamous for.

The 10 point thought could go like this. The game is close, but then the bills gain a little separation towards the end of the game with a score to seal it.

Go, Go Buffalo!

Edited by BillsFan619

13 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lost in all the talks about our defensive drop off is the fact that even after the bye week our D is 8th in sacks and 6th in turnovers. 

... One would think having a knack for those things could have a large impact on a rookie qb. Especially with 2 weeks to prepare. 

Good point, Nasty.

• Like (+1) 1