Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

Feels like a let down game for some reason... "Bad" Chargers team but if you actually look at them, they have a lot of talent and just throw games away.. Lost to a lot of good teams by 1 score..  Could easily be a .500 team.

Coming off a bye I hope we aren't flat...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

This is a game where I feel that the Bills need to make a statement.

They are the better team in this game, and they need to show that they are. The Chargers are not a pushover, as their record may indicate.

I want to see the Bills come out with fire, after the way they lost their last game. This is a very important game that the Bills need to win.

Not only because that it's a conference game, but to show the league that they can bounce back from a demoralizing loss, like all good teams can do.

Getting players back at full health is a plus, with Morse & Feliciano being on the field at the same time for the first time all season. It would be great if both Ford & Milano are back as well.

I don't care about the weather being a factor. Good teams don't use that as an excuse for their play.

Milano isnt eligible to be back until after the chargers game. IR is for three games, not three weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

This game shouldn't even be a contest, but will it?

What are you talking about? They've played every good team well. Took the Chiefs to OT. Haven't lost a game by more than 1 score. 

If anything this game will come down to the end. It will be a close game. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Anthony Lynn is very good at scheming up a great running game. Lucky for us Kalen Ballage is their RB. Hopefully we can stop the running game and make Herbert one dimensional 

5 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

This will be a tough game. We didn’t look sharp last year v the Fins after the BYE.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

lol. Ok. 

I said No game is easy did I not?

I also said he didn’t suck and he wasn’t w/o talent. 

I am pretty sure I was replying to a person who said the Chargers would win handily. 

those are the posts that you quoted.

The Bills have wrestled with health issues for the last several weeks.  I think Milano has to sit out one more week, but if Josh Norman gets released from the COVID list, the Bills may be the healthiest they've been since sometime in October.  The Bills can field their best DB group instead of scrabbling together whatever they could.  Worley in particular can go back to the PS and stay.  The offensive line should also be completely healthy.  It will be interesting to see what group is on the field.  Presumably it will include Dion Dawkins, Darryl Williams and John Feliciano.   I hope that Mitch Morse on the sidelines was a one week only situation.  If he can come back and play will at center, and Cody Ford is healthy,  That might make for a pretty decent offensive line, and one that can run block better than what we've seen in a long time from the Bills.

Definitely a game they should win but I'm still haunted by old memories of rookie QBs or backups coming off the bench and shredding them for one of the best games in their entire career. Granted, it's an entirely different Bills team and I hope McDermott and Frazier dial up some different things that Herbert hasn't seen. Bait him into making poor decisions.

I always feel concerned coming off the bye week.  It *should* be an advantage but that's not always the case.  Sometimes they come out lethargic.  For this game, however, the Bills are getting some guys back off the Covid list and I'm sure healing up so it should be a positive.

I like our offense.. but on the defensive side, McD and Frazier had better not allow Herbert to get comfortable.  That's the key.   They have a body of work to study and should come up with something...much like Belicheck did against young Josh Allen in their first few meetings.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

This is a game where I feel that the Bills need to make a statement.

They are the better team in this game, and they need to show that they are. The Chargers are not a pushover, as their record may indicate.

I want to see the Bills come out with fire, after the way they lost their last game. This is a very important game that the Bills need to win.

Not only because that it's a conference game, but to show the league that they can bounce back from a demoralizing loss, like all good teams can do.

Getting players back at full health is a plus, with Morse & Feliciano being on the field at the same time for the first time all season. It would be great if both Ford & Milano are back as well.

I don't care about the weather being a factor. Good teams don't use that as an excuse for their play.

Wow that is a very macho/tough guy statement for a guy on the internet.

Look at the Ravens-Pats game...the Ravens are a much better team but those conditions were laughable, the better team did not win that game.

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Anthony Lynn is very good at scheming up a great running game. Lucky for us Kalen Ballage is their RB. Hopefully we can stop the running game and make Herbert one dimensional 

Eckeler will be back for this game.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow that is a very macho/tough guy statement for a guy on the internet.

Look at the Ravens-Pats game...the Ravens are a much better team but those conditions were laughable, the better team did not win that game.

The way I interpreted it, he meant that the Ravens don't use that as an excuse.

Not that the weather isn't a factor.

29 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I always feel concerned coming off the bye week.  It *should* be an advantage but that's not always the case.  Sometimes they come out lethargic.  For this game, however, the Bills are getting some guys back off the Covid list and I'm sure healing up so it should be a positive.

I like our offense.. but on the defensive side, McD and Frazier had better not allow Herbert to get comfortable.  That's the key.   They have a body of work to study and should come up with something...much like Belicheck did against young Josh Allen in their first few meetings.

Yeah, I seem to recall the Bills came out lethargic last year against Miami.  Someone asked Beasley what happened and he said the coaches yelled at them at halftime:

"maybe they should yell at us before the game next time"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They lost on a Hail Mary, they should be 8-2. I expect a fired up angry and almost healthy group. Chargers are decent so won’t be taken lightly. D is improving, it’s up to O line who are finally healthy. Balance on O would be critical to this tough win. 

• Like (+1) 1