Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

Not a “must win” but certainly a “definitely-should-win-unless-something-goes-terribly-wrong” kind of game.  Herbert has been great but there’s a reason why they aren’t winning games.  I think it’s coaching, for one.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weather right now looks chilly (high 50) rainy and windy for Sunday

Give it 5 minutes.  the forecast will change 

26 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Anthony Lynn is very good at scheming up a great running game. Lucky for us Kalen Ballage is their RB. Hopefully we can stop the running game and make Herbert one dimensional 

25 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

This will be a tough game. We didn’t look sharp last year v the Fins after the BYE.

The Chargers?  

The 3-7 Chargers? 

The 3-7 Chargers that needed a pick 6 to take a 7-6 lead at the end of the 1st QTR? 

The 3-7 Chargers that were outscored  22-10 by the JETS in the second half? 

The 3-7 Chargers who won against the Bengals, Jaguars and JETS?

No NFL game is easy.  But come on man.  Anthony Lynn isn't a genius.

Herbert doesn't suck per se,  but he's still a rookie with things to learn.  

In Buffalo?  This is not a game the Bills should lose. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Give it 5 minutes.  the forecast will change 

The Chargers?  

The 3-7 Chargers? 

The 3-7 Chargers that needed a pick 6 to take a 7-6 lead at the end of the 1st QTR? 

The 3-7 Chargers that were outscored  22-10 by the JETS in the second half? 

The 3-7 Chargers who won against the Bengals, Jaguars and JETS?

No NFL game is easy.  But come on man.  Anthony Lynn isn't a genius.

Herbert doesn't suck per se,  but he's still a rookie with things to learn.  

In Buffalo?  This is not a game the Bills should lose. 

While that is true look at the Bolts stat line.

They fight tooth and nail and your not playing the record...your playing the team and they are not an easy win.

I sure hope I am wrong and its a cake walk but I think the Bills are in for a good challenge.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

^**^ Agree 110%

Well to be fair...  The pick 6 came after the Chargers Fumbled that ball at the 2 or 3 yard line going in  for a TD. 

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

While that is true look at the Bolts stat line.

They fight tooth and nail and your not playing the record...your playing the team and they are not an easy win.

I sure hope I am wrong and its a cake walk but I think the Bills are in for a good challenge.

Yes, they fight hard and seem to be close in many games 

You are what your record says you are.  ;)  ;)

• Like (+1) 2

Herbert and K. Allen are impressive. Gotta limit them.  Another case of gameplanning vs a young QB and his elite outlet. 

That being said, I dont think it will be that close. In Buffalo, i think San Diego and Herbert may have a bit of a set back. Young QBs have them where the bottom falls out, and I can see that coming. West coast team, traveling east, cold, weather for a WC QB. 

I like us in this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think we will see a blitz heavy scheme against the Chargers this week, similar to the schemes we saw against Seattle. I think they are going to come at Herbert all day long and show a ton of different alignments pre-snap to confuse him. Kennan Allen has emerged as an elite WR in this league now that he has a QB who can get him the ball. Mike Williams hasn't been bad this year either, but they don't have an real burners to speak of. Expect a lot of Nickel base, crowding the LOS, and at least 5 guys coming after Herbert the entire game. If we rattle the rookie early and get a couple of turnovers then this will be a blowout. If he has time to throw the ball and is on his game then this will be too close for comfort. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weather right now looks chilly (high 50) rainy and windy for Sunday

Weather.com is showing something different.  I really don't want another rainy/windy game.  

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Buffalo+NY?canonicalCityId=60f9a2ed365f6f8cebd4cf543557cb60f0d1129208900298e1e3e6fd704009b2

The chargers are talented, but they arent good. They will likely be getting Bosa back from concussion so that boosts their defense. 

They have blown big leads in like 4 games, and struggled in almost every way all year. 

I do not fear them one bit. Its the NFL so "any given sunday" but we should win this game handily. 

• Like (+1) 1