Did you know? (Bills-Bolts version)

Beast

That since the Bills beat the Chargers in the AFL title game in 1965, 23-0, The Bills have played the Chargers 25 times and have not beat them by double digits since that game? (4 wins, 19 losses, 1 tie)

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/teamvsteam?opp=26

That’s a pretty amazing stat when you think about it.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Are you trying to jinx us Beast?  😂. It will be five wins Sunday night.

To be fair, the Chargers have only played the Bills 4 times when the Bills had a playoff caliber team. (1980 2x, 1981 and 1998....all in San Diego and the Bills were 2-2 in those games)

Did you know Jim Kelly never played against the Chargers?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Beast said:

To be fair, the Chargers have only played the Bills 4 times when the Bills had a playoff caliber team. (1980 2x, 1981 and 1998....all in San Diego and the Bills were 2-2 in those games)

THAT is a wild stat.....Chargers I believe are one of 2 teams I only saw once at The Ralph in my 24 years of season tixs......Hmmm - age has not smiled kindly upon my diminishing brain pan......It was the Ravens I have only seen once......

Edited by Kwai San

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

THAT is a wild stat.....Chargers I believe are one of 2 teams I only saw once at The Ralph in my 24 years of season tixs......Hmmm - age has not smiled kindly upon my diminishing brain pan......It was the Ravens I have only seen once......

I saw the Chargers with LT at the Ralph and they beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Went to a bunch of games in San Diego over the years every time the Bills came out west. There were more Bills fans than Chargers fans every time. And...every time, the Bills got slaughtered! Embarrassingly so. Ugh!

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Went to a bunch of games in San Diego over the years every time the Bills came out west. There were more Bills fans than Chargers fans every time. And...every time, the Bills got slaughtered! Embarrassingly so. Ugh!

This was the game I referenced...2006

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2006120310

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I was there.....I had seasons from 1987 thru 2006, that was my second to last game as a season tix holder.  Went to many more games after that.....

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Yesterday they said the Patriots had played the Texans like 18 straight years. How do the early 90's Bills not play SD once?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yesterday they said the Patriots had played the Texans like 18 straight years. How do the early 90's Bills not play SD once?

He didn't say that...he just said Kelly never played them...Kelly was injured for stretches during various seasons...

5 hours ago, Beast said:

That since the Bills beat the Chargers in the AFL title game in 1965, 23-0, The Bills have played the Chargers 25 times and have not beat them by double digits since that game? (4 wins, 19 losses, 1 tie)

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/teamvsteam?opp=26

That’s a pretty amazing stat when you think about it.

since the Bills beat the Chargers in the AFL title game in 1965, 23-0, The Bills have played the Chargers 25 times

since 1965...25 times...

Errr, 19+4+1 = 24...?

What happened in that infamous 25th game?