It’s official. The New York Jets legendarily suck!

Chandler#81

Isn’t almost easier to lose and be able to say “we know that we do didn’t want to win”. Almost a free pass to suck. 

33 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Guys, he called a Cover 0 on the last play of the game. It’s kinda obvious what’s going on isn’t it?

And as the stats show - never has that been called in that type of situation in the history it has been tracked. 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

If they are trying to lose it will come out from the players, they're the only ones who would know and actually say something.

makes no sense because the coaches are all getting fired though.

Yeah, the players and coaches played the Raiders tough. They are clearly trying. They had a goal line stand earlier.

The way you tank is by getting rid of talent. There's no incentive for a player to not try his hardest. He would be putting bad tape of himself out there and that could lead to missed opportunities. Similar with coaches. Coaches almost never survive a tank, so why would they play along and assist in themselves getting fired?

Now, when it's clear you suck I can see the effort of players and coaches waning because then all you have to play for is pride, and sometimes that isn't meaningful enough. But they are too competitive to go out there and try to lose.

The Jets suck. Their players and coaches aren't motivated or happy, I'm sure. The writing is on the wall that everything is about to get blown up.

It’s absurd to think Williams/Jets purposely tanked on that last series. As one poster mentioned, they had a RZ stand on the previous drive. Why weren’t they tanking then?

Take it for what it was. An awful defensive play from a coach that his known for letting his ego get the best of him. 

If any team Is tanking its Jacksonville by electing to play Mike Glennon over Minshew who is clearly the better option. 

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

There hasn't been a tank this obvious since the Pens and Mario.   AFC East gonna have two guys who have won national championships and Josh......Pats to be determined.

Just not seeing it. I actually give the players and coaches a lot of credit. They are playing hard every week. I’ve been waiting for a give up type performance, but it hasn’t happened. 

Also the Jets are mostly healthy. It’s not as if it’s a roster littered with guys not playing. 

The Jets are 0-12 because they are simply not good. They are baron at some key positions (CB, LB, TE) and getting mostly terrible QB play. Obviously the play calling also leaves a lot to be desired. 

They have also have not caught a break from a scheduling standpoint. Constantly getting teams coming off a loss down the stretch which mitigates the chance for a letdown game. 

It’s hard to see a path to victory the next two weeks on the road vs Seattle and the Rams who are neck and neck for the division title. Beyond that you have the Browns at home and finish up on the road vs the Pats. 

3 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Anyone else worried the jets draft lawrence and he turns out to be great, then the patriots get darnold or Wentz and they succeed under good coaching? I know slim chances but these could happen.

Why would you worry about what another team might do? Jets are going to draft very highly rated prospects. They've been drafting highly rated prospects. Nothing we can do about it. 

40 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Just not seeing it. I actually give the players and coaches a lot of credit. They are playing hard every week. I’ve been waiting for a give up type performance, but it hasn’t happened. 

Also the Jets are mostly healthy. It’s not as if it’s a roster littered with guys not playing. 

The Jets are 0-12 because they are simply not good. They are baron at some key positions (CB, LB, TE) and getting mostly terrible QB play. Obviously the play calling also leaves a lot to be desired. 

They have also have not caught a break from a scheduling standpoint. Constantly getting teams coming off a loss down the stretch which mitigates the chance for a letdown game. 

It’s hard to see a path to victory the next two weeks on the road vs Seattle and the Rams who are neck and neck for the division title. Beyond that you have the Browns at home and finish up on the road vs the Pats. 

Maybe they have Barons, Earls & Dukes at some positions, but they’re BARREN everywhere else.

Bolded Line is simply ridiculous. Get it through your head, son. They SUCK! -regardless of their opponents predicaments. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Seems like a lot of former professional wrestling fans who believed that the sport was legit also follow football. No one would ever tank, yeah, sure. The NFL is a business. Money is what counts to the owners, not the sport. The coaches do what their bosses tell them to, or they get the word spread to the other owners that the don't do as they are told. Not good if you want to keep working in the league. Maybe players don't tank, but coaches put players in the right places and situations to succeed and motivate them to succeed. The opposite is true. Don't help motivate them, or put the wrong people, in the wrong places, at the wrong times, and bad moral effects the team and the individuals on the team. The tank is in!

Edited by simpleman

No.

It's directly against the interests of the players and coaches to show poorly.

The GM is the only one who can think this way.

To think Gase isn't trying is nuts. He's going to be looking for a job. If he looks like a bad coach, he's less likely to get hired.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

My goodness I know Henry Ruggs is fast but that DB literally just let him go right past him it literally looked like the Jets where point shaving out there 

blitz and leave one on one coverage on last play of the game. Coaches should have been fired right then

• Like (+1) 2