It’s official. The New York Jets legendarily suck!

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I feel bad for Darnold. He could still become good at some point, but what a disaster of a situation to walk into. Josh mentions now and then how they're good friends, I'd really love to hear their conversations about the teams they play for. I have to imagine when they talk about their teams it's like the complete opposite of one another 

other than being a Block Head for not throwing at the Combine,

getting Mono and missing games

Seeing Ghosts

Getting hurt (shoulder) to where he can't play ....  

Has he ever played a full season? 

It could be worse. Oh wait... I can't 

JAGS, NE* but Bellyache hates the JETS. Atlanta may move on from Ryan...  there are options 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They are actually the 1st team that really looks like they are tanking for Trevor Lawrence. 

They ALMOST have it locked up too because they would have to beat a team and lose a tie breaker to miss him.  

I hope he goes back to school for another year.  He already had Covid, what better pick up line than “Hey baby, Next year I’m going to be the first pick in the draft and I already have Covid Antibodies, no social distancing needed, wanna ________?”

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I feel bad for Darnold. He could still become good at some point, but what a disaster of a situation to walk into. Josh mentions now and then how they're good friends, I'd really love to hear their conversations about the teams they play for. I have to imagine when they talk about their teams it's like the complete opposite of one another 

I would guess that both being competitors and playing for division rivals, they probably decided early on not to discuss their respective teams at all.  Even discussing how their respective shoulders feel becomes competitive intelligence for a division rival, albeit now that they've played each other 2x I guess that doesn't apply.  They probably still reflexively avoid that stuff the way my family avoids politics and religion.  Stick to funny jokes and memes, Call of Duty, social life during covid-19, condolences on Grandma, etc

However, I'm sure they both regularly talk to Jordan Palmer (who I'm sure has firm contractual obligations to client confidentiality).  Now there are two conversations I'd like to be a fly on the wall for, and they probably are the complete opposite.

I think the Jets will trade Darnold to a team with an aging QB but too much of a winning record to win the draft lottery, and a competent offensive system will see him revive.

• Like (+1) 1

I think they beat the dolphins this week. The fish are one of the more overrated teams in recent memory. Went on a nice little streak fueled by fluke plays, and everyone crowned them. 

If you actually look at their roster, it sucks. Specifically on offense, even the Jets are better on paper. 

16 minutes ago, Process said:

I think they beat the dolphins this week. The fish are one of the more overrated teams in recent memory. Went on a nice little streak fueled by fluke plays, and everyone crowned them. 

If you actually look at their roster, it sucks. Specifically on offense, even the Jets are better on paper. 

This is the remaining game that scares me the most, i think we could win it. As long as the Jags can beat either the Bears or Vikings i will take a win!!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is amazing, really. In this brand new NFL, where 7 teams per Conference now make the playoffs, this early elimination timeframe may stand for many years to come. Not just because they’re winless through 10 games. Last week, If we were to lose out and they win out, we’d still hold the tiebreaker by sweeping them. There’s 9 winning teams currently in the AFC, with 6 games remaining. Even the hapless 1-9 Jaguars are still alive.

FEBF00C6-5C40-417D-8E7A-D4B1B1C7B161.jpeg

I disagree. Adam Gase is the best thing to happen to the Jets and we should regard him as the true genius he is.  The Johnson’s should give him a lifetime contract!!  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I still hope the find a way to win a meaningless game or two so they don't end up with Trevor Lawrence.

Frank Gore says he doesn't want his career to end with an 0-16 season but he has little say in the matter based on how terrible the Jets are from top to bottom.

Some nice reactions to this on JetsNation

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

12 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Gore has an excellent attitude. We have to get him the hell out of here. 

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You look for every angle to get a Princess Bride reference in there.  INCONCEIVABLE!  Remember Socrates, Plato,...  Morons! All Morons.  There is only the one and only Adam Gase.

This word, inconceivable, I do not think it means what you think it means....😁

• Haha (+1) 1

hate for it frank though. 

Frank Gore doesn't want to go 0-16 in what could be his final season: 'I can’t go out like that'

62c8dbc0-2da0-11eb-bbf4-3be138964ff8

For all the talk about the Jets potentially getting Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence with the first pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the players don’t care. They just want to win. Nobody wants to be a part of an 0-16 team.

“We’re thinking about that every day,” Gore said, via the New York Post. “We’ve got to get one. You don’t want to go 0-16, especially this might be my last year. I can’t go out like that.”

If this is Gore’s final season, it’s a tough way for a universally loved and respected legend in the game to go out.

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

They ALMOST have it locked up too because they would have to beat a team and lose a tie breaker to miss him.  

I hope he goes back to school for another year.  He already had Covid, what better pick up line than “Hey baby, Next year I’m going to be the first pick in the draft and I already have Covid Antibodies, no social distancing needed, wanna ________?”

You sure about that? 

Thought draft order in the 1st round for teams had the same record was the team with the weakest strength of schedule got the earlier pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Have to love a guy who admits he’s living in Beaufort.  Makes me think of Beaufort T. Pusser.  Don’s walking tall.

Well, I am now in Vero beach Fla. heading to west palm beach, waiting for what we sailors call a weather window to sail over to the Bahamas, thanks for reminding me to update my location, 👍

• Haha (+1) 1