Football trading cards

Franchiseneedsme

I have every football card from 1985-1995, my Grandmother bought them when I was born making complete team collection in binders for me as I was growing up... I really need to find all of those binders. Most of those cards were touched once when opened, as a kid thankfully I was not allowed to touch them(Even though my grandmother would collect them for me.)

Wondering what I have in that collection now...

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Now that I think about it... I think my grandmother had a problem b.c she would collect everything. Especially when McDonald's would do those collectables. 

The plushy dolls I remember she went and collected every single one. Mcdonald's what was that holloween stick guy? She collected all those glass mugs and stuff like that.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I did as a kid. Had all kinds of albums and cards in hard sleeves - went back and looked at them all - pretty much nothing wound up with value. You'd think a thurman thomas and several Shaq rookie cards would be worth at least a couple of bucks. 

Cards from that era were just way overproduced. And everybody kept them too thinking they’d be worth money some day. There’s just a lot of them out there today. I’m currently sitting on 10 Jim Kelly rookies probably worth about 10 bucks a piece 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, Brennan Huff said:

Cards from that era were just way overproduced. And everybody kept them too thinking they’d be worth money some day. There’s just a lot of them out there today. I’m currently sitting on 10 Jim Kelly rookies probably worth about 10 bucks a piece 

seriously. they produced way too many and everyone saved them.  take every card you can find from the late 80's and 90's and just set them on fire. if enough people do that some of them might end up being worth something.

Advice - Be prepared to lose a lot of money.  If you go in planning to make money you are going to be disappointed.  So, buy things you think are cool and are going to want to keep, not things you think are going to be worth whatever down the line so you can sell them for a profit.  That is a game for distributors and folks that have been doing this far longer than you!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, Brennan Huff said:

Perhaps they'd be worth more if you stopped sitting on them (which I find kind of weird, but I'm not here to judge).  They're probably getting all bent and smelly.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps they'd be worth more if you stopped sitting on them (which I find kind of weird, but I'm not here to judge).  They're probably getting all bent and smelly.

Leave it to you!  😅

8 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

the bills cards I have are from the 90-91 season I believe. all in plastic sleeves. not a collector but kept them around for the last 30 years.

nfl pro set. 61 cards total.

Hate to say it...those are really nice cards, but they are worth close to nothing.  As Brennan Huff mentioned above, they were mass produced.  They are really sharp looking cards though.  A nice memento of the good old days.

Edited by Buftex
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/24/2020 at 3:48 AM, TBBills said:

I have every football card from 1985-1995, my Grandmother bought them when I was born making complete team collection in binders for me as I was growing up... I really need to find all of those binders. Most of those cards were touched once when opened, as a kid thankfully I was not allowed to touch them(Even though my grandmother would collect them for me.)

Wondering what I have in that collection now...

Get your 1986 Steve Young and jerry Rice graded as well as 89 Barry Sanders and Troy Aikman.  If they are in perfect condition (including centering which you have no control of), they could be worth some bux.  The rest are basically worthless (other then sentimental value of course).

Edited by May Day 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buftex said:

😅Hate to say it...those are really nice cards, but they are worth close to nothing.  As Brennan Huff mentioned above, they were mass produced.  They are really sharp looking cards though.  A nice memento of the good old days.

they'll serve as they have, just a personal collection of an old bills team. never was looking to trade or sell them, just mentioning what I had is all. 

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 1

Only way to really make money in that hobby is sell the unopened stuff and somehow purchase them in bulk to save per box and flip say a box bought at 60 dollars each for 90 dollars each. Once boxes of cards are opened, they depreciate hard even more then a new car off the lot.

People pay premium for the CHANCE.

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.