Your favorite pre 1980s Bflo Bill

I'm Spartacus

My dad was a prof a Niagara when the Bills held training camp there.  I was able to get into a few buildings that most could not.  One summer, I met JoeD and we chatted about the Hardy Boy's book I was reading.  The next summer, he remembered me.  Just based on that, he would be mine.  Then OJ for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Redneck said:

My dad was a prof a Niagara when the Bills held training camp there.  I was able to get into a few buildings that most could not.  One summer, I met JoeD and we chatted about the Hardy Boy's book I was reading.  The next summer, he remembered me.  Just based on that, he would be mine.  Then OJ for obvious reasons.

That's awesome. I remember my dad taking the family to Niagara University one day in 1977 for training camp. I was standing by the snow fence with my younger brother waiting for the players to come over after practice and sign autographs. I really wanted O.J.'s. and he walked up with Reggie McKenzie and signed my paper. I remember that they were laughing as they approached...Reggie must have said something that O.J. found funny because I remember hearing O.J. say, "Legit!" right before he got to the fence and gave us his autograph. That 43 year old memory is etched in my mind like it was yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

That's awesome. I remember my dad taking the family to Niagara University one day in 1977 for training camp. I was standing by the snow fence with my younger brother waiting for the players to come over after practice and sign autographs. I really wanted O.J.'s. and he walked up with Reggie McKenzie and signed my paper. I remember that they were laughing as they approached...Reggie must have said something that O.J. found funny because I remember hearing O.J. say, "Legit!" right before he got to the fence and gave us his autograph. That 43 year old memory is etched in my mind like it was yesterday.

I too remember going to Niagara university to see the Bills training camp. But even before NU, they held practice at the Treadway Inn (?) In Hamburg off the I90. It was there that I got Jack Kemp's autograph in the mid 60s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I too remember going to Niagara university to see the Bills training camp. But even before NU, they held practice at the Treadway Inn (?) In Hamburg off the I90. It was there that I got Jack Kemp's autograph in the mid 60s.

Nice. I went to several training camps at Fredonia State. My grandmother lived a few miles from campus down Brigham Road in Dunkirk. My sis and her bestie got a pic with Doug Flutie at the last camp there in 1999. The girls are both 5' 4" and swear they looked taller than he did. 😆 I have yet to make it to a training camp at St. John Fisher but hope to do so one day.

8 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Yes I'm an old timer. Followed the Bills as a kid in the 60s. My favorite is Bobby Chandler. Great hands and phenomenal out of bounds awareness. Who's yours?

Dwight "Ike" Harrison CB - converted WR from DEN who had 17 picks in 5 years as a Bill.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bobby Chandler by a nose over the great Tony Greene (37 career picks, twice had 9 in one 14 game season and had a 101 yard return, 13 fumble recoveries and 2 all pro seasons back when that meant something)

Edited by Mickey

9 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Yes I'm an old timer. Followed the Bills as a kid in the 60s. My favorite is Bobby Chandler. Great hands and phenomenal out of bounds awareness. Who's yours?

The original Toe Drag Swag!! JD Hill and family lived down the street from P.S #74. As a kid we watched OJ, Reggie Mc Kenzie and others get their haircuts through the window of Lady Jessie barbershop right next to Doris Records