Your favorite pre 1980s Bflo Bill

I'm Spartacus

I was a kid in the 1970s so those Bills players hold a special place in my heart even though they only made the playoffs once, in 1974. The 1973 squad...the one where O.J.Simpson ran for 2,003 yards...was my favorite. I can't pick just one player. Among my favorites were O.J., Bob Chandler, J.D. Hill, Joe Ferguson, Joe DeLamielleure, Reggie McKenzie, and Robert James.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Yes. OJ was the best, but I'm curious about everyone's favorite.

Honestly, unless you are old enough to know the 60's teams (I am not, born in 1965), I am not sure how a 70's Bills fan could name anyone but OJ...but that would make for a boring thread...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, slipkid said:

I would like to go with OJ, but you know . . .

I loved JD Hill and Bobbly “toe tap” Chandler. And I always rooted for Tony Greene. Dad would say, “He’s too short,” but irc, he led the NFL in interceptions in 1977 or 78.

I can't believe I forgot to mention #43! He was definitely one of my favorites. I was livid when his 100+ (105?) yard pick-6 was called back on a bogus penalty during a game in the Orange Bowl against Miami. That cost the Bills the game and there never would have been an '0 for the '70s' had it stood.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention #43! He was definitely one of my favorites. I was livid when his 100+ (105?) yard pick-6 was called back on a bogus penalty during a game in the Orange Bowl against Miami. That cost the Bills the game and there never would have been an '0 for the '70s' had it stood.

And I forgot to mention Joe D. The best pulling guard in the league at the time (imho, a bit better than than Reggie) and a great advocate for  former players thereafter. The concussion protocol can largely be traced back to Joe D.’s work. 

• Like (+1) 1