Could Darnold end up backing up Allen in Buffalo?

DJB

Being that Sam basically sucks at the quarterback thing, and he will cost at minimum a third round pick, and will add absolutely Zero to the teams offensive output, there is NFW he becomes a Buffalo Bill at any time during his career, now that’s just my opinion of course... 😁

Go Bills!!!

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No way are they trading him in the division or the Bills are giving up draft picks for a Backup QB

Do you think if New England offers them 1st round pick would they take it ? 
assuming of course nobody else will 

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Being that Sam basically sucks at the quarterback thing, and he will cost at minimum a third round pick, and will add absolutely Zero to the teams offensive output, there is NFW he becomes a Buffalo Bill at any time during his career, now that’s just my opinion of course... 😁

Go Bills!!!

I don’t think Sam sucks a QB what sucks is the situation that he’s been put in , i really believe that he could still be a quality starter in a team like the Colts or Pittsburgh for example , with good coaching and a good surrounding cast , 

Do you really believe if Josh Allen was drafted by the Jets he would have the same success he’s having now ?

Edited by Putin

To me there are still plenty of teams willing to take a shot on Darnold. 

3rd pick overall in a train wreck of a situation.

There are coaches out there with holes at QB and believe in their coaching ability. 

Only way i see hes a Bill is if he has failed on his next opportunity. Maybe 3-4 years down the road.

52 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t think Sam sucks a QB what sucks is the situation that he’s been put in , i really believe that he could still be a quality starter in a team like the Colts or Pittsburgh for example , with good coaching and a good surrounding cast , 

Do you really believe if Josh Allen was drafted by the Jets he would have the same success he’s having now ?

I may have over stated Sams lack of ability, and what you say may very well be true, and yes Josh would be in a similar state,  but Sam, like it or not is seriously damaged goods at present,  0-10 in his third season,  his career stats don’t shout trade for me, 59% completion rating,  78 passer rating, 39/34 TD to interception record, I don’t see more than a third given up for him, but I’ve been wrong before. 

Edited by Don Otreply

I'm not sure why you're getting so many negative reactions to this. Obviously the Jets will select a QB #1 overall, which obviously means that Darnold will be on his way out, likely to be a backup somewhere else. Is it too far-fetched that it might be Buffalo?

14 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’d be down for Trubisky.  

Darnold isn’t happening, and I’d be shocked if he fetched a 2nd with only one year left before the option year and the Jets unable to get him on the field to prove anything.  

I don't want Trubisky's toxic babyface anywhere near my sideline.

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I may have over stated Sams lack of ability, and what you say may very well be true, and yes Josh would be in a similar state,  but Sam, like it or not is seriously damaged goods at present,  0-9 in his third season,  his career stats don’t shout trade for me, 59% completion rating,  78 passer rating, 39/34 TD to interception record, I don’t see more than a third given up for him, but I’ve been wrong before. 

His TD to INT ratio is alarming and that goes back to his collage career at USC and is one of the reasons why I didn’t want the Bills to draft him , 

Can this be something that can be fixed with good coaching we shall see , 

Is he someone that you can build your team around  im not sure , but like I said if he goes to a team that has everything in place including a good coaching staff ( unlike the Jets) he might have a chance to resurrect his career 

Edited by Putin

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm not sure why you're getting so many negative reactions to this. Obviously the Jets will select a QB #1 overall, which obviously means that Darnold will be on his way out, likely to be a backup somewhere else. Is it too far-fetched that it might be Buffalo?

Imo, yes it is, it would be a monumental waste of resources, how would we feel if  Beane gave up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Darnold? It would be the billsiest of billsey things to do ever... 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

His TD to INT ratio is alarming and that goes back to his collage career at USC and is one of the reasons why I didn’t want the Bills to draft him , 

Can this be something that can be fixed with good coaching we shall see , 

Is he someone that you can build your team around  im not sure , but like I said if he goes to a team that has everything in place including a good coaching staff ( unlike the Jets) he might have a chance to resurrect his career 

Again, what you say may very well work out, but it is not all that likely, outside of the Farvre trade, what other QB resurrected their career since then? I have no dislike for Sam but I suspect he is done as a starter. He at best has one more chance, and then he is mister clipboard from then on. 

16 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

D150CC34-4851-451E-9407-E82FA4B6B31A.jpeg

This exactly. 

The only  chance is if he gets traded next year, bombs with the new team, becomes a journeyman who’s desperate for a job and Josh recruits him here so they can hang out.  Absolutely ZERO chance he’s here next year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Imo, yes it is, it would be a monumental waste of resources, how would we feel if  Beane gave up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Darnold? It would be the billsiest of billsey things to do ever... 

Again, what you say may very well work out, but it is not all that likely, outside of the Farvre trade, what other QB resurrected their career since then? I have no dislike for Sam but I suspect he is done as a starter. He at best has one more chance, and then he is mister clipboard from then on. 

You maybe 100% right and I’m not trying to argue all I’m saying i don’t  think he really had a chance to succeed in that piss poor organization and with that joke of a HC , just look what happened to Tannehill once he left Miami / Gase 

38 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I may have over stated Sams lack of ability, and what you say may very well be true, and yes Josh would be in a similar state,  but Sam, like it or not is seriously damaged goods at present,  0-10 in his third season,  his career stats don’t shout trade for me, 59% completion rating,  78 passer rating, 39/34 TD to interception record, I don’t see more than a third given up for him, but I’ve been wrong before. 

a 3rd is a lot considering its a 1 year deal.  

Tannehill would probably be closer - tanny and a 6th for a 4th.  Tannehill had better numbers and they re-worked the contract - so it cost miami 5 mill in cash as well.  Darnold would be about 4mill if traded before camp - tannehill cost tennesse 2mil plus incentives.  

Edited by dneveu

1 hour ago, Putin said:

You maybe 100% right and I’m not trying to argue all I’m saying i don’t  think he really had a chance to succeed in that piss poor organization and with that joke of a HC , just look what happened to Tannehill once he left Miami / Gase 

Oh I agree, the jets organization is a hole where careers go to die. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

a 3rd is a lot considering its a 1 year deal.  

Tannehill would probably be closer - tanny and a 6th for a 4th.  Tannehill had better numbers and they re-worked the contract - so it cost miami 5 mill in cash as well.  Darnold would be about 4mill if traded before camp - tannehill cost tennesse 2mil plus incentives.  

I didn’t mean that we should give a third, god no, but rather the most they might get for him from some team or another. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:05 AM, dneveu said:

I'd think SF would be choice number 1.  New Orleans would be in that 2nd tier with TB and Indy.  He needs to go somewhere a- that he can at least compete to start and b- that isn't terrible so he might be able to re-establish his value.  

You may very well be correct.  Unfortunately for Darnold, the Jests probably won't just release him so that he can pick his team.  A trade scenario will be a bit more complex because of his contract situation.  I don't believe anyone will give the Jests much in a trade which could only amount to a short term rental for the receiving team.  Signing him to an extension and trading him doesn't seem likely either because he really hasn't shown enough to warrant a pay day.  The only real hope for the Jests is that a couple of desperate GM's get into a bidding war and over pays in a trade and recognizes that they may have to over pay to extend his contract down the road.  That would be quite a gamble and the kind of move that will get a GM fired.  I often wonder how the Jests continue to get themselves in these kinds of situations.