Could Darnold end up backing up Allen in Buffalo?

DJB

Look, i can’t believe i am commenting on this but: No, darnold is probably done with the Jets but he’s going to go to somewhere like Indy or Tampa or even Vegas before he’d ever be signed here. The amount of avoidable press BS alone would be enough to dissuade Beane from ever even considering it.

bye weeks, man.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm at 80% convinced Lawrence is staying.  

1.  The Jets.  Not sure he's a NY guy.  And no QB has ever really been an elite QB.....for either NJ team.  Namath?  No.  Simms?  Sure I guess.  Eli.  Never a top 15 QB.  

2.  Something about his make up tells me he would hate this covid year to be how he moves on from Clemson.  And, you're going to be entering the league (the Jets) under covid protocols at least thru May most likely.  

3. He's only 21.  There really is no rush.  

No.  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win it, he stays.  If they do I'd lower my odds to him staying to about 25%

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

My ass itches. I better go create a thread. 

You should probably go to an all night pharmacy and tell the nice young lady behind the counter all about it. You might have to turn around and give her a good mooning. 

We are all here hoping for your wellbeing. Let us know how it goes. Pics are optional.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Sounds crazy right? 

Well I could see this happen. The Jets look like they will be in the hunt for a new QB at the draft. (Not here to argue whether that is the right decision or not. However teams that don't win a game usually draft a QB). 

While we haven't seen Fromm, Barkley is a replacement level backup. 

Plus everyone knows that Josh and Sam are super tight. 

Is it likely the Jets move Darnold out of the AFCE?

Likely. 

But I don't think its a crazy scenario that Darnold ends up in Buffalo somehow. 

Thoughts Bills fans? 

Very unlikely.

Barkley is a replacement level backup.

And Darnold would be too expensive in trade and possibly in salary as well.

A few years down the road? Well, who knows, maybe. But next year? Really unlikely.

I’m campaigning for a Fitz return. Of course he throws picks. It’s what gun slingers do. He’s also a great team guy and the most capable guy to come off the bench for a few weeks and lead a team to wins in the absence of your starter.

THAT’s what I’m about.

• Like (+1) 4

The biggest problem for. any team that trades for Darnold is the 5th year option.  Either the Jets pick it up and he's guaranteed about $25 million in 2022, or he's more likely a one year rental to see what he can do.  Either way,  no team is trading for him to be a long term backup.  Now if next year he bombs and can't get a starting gig in 2022, then he could be our backup after his rookie contract is up.

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Sam Darnold will not be a Buffalo Bill. He will want to go to a place where he can start.

Look for him to be in a place like Chicago, New Orleans or San Francisco.

I can see him going to Indy next season.

Then again, Washington, Atlanta, Jacksonville, New England, Detroit and even Dallas might all be in the hunt for a new starting QB.

I can't Imagine any QB the Jets drafting after Darnold being successful. They didn't give him an O line, no receivers, no run game and expect him to carry the offense. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m campaigning for a Fitz return. Of course he throws picks. It’s what gun slingers do. He’s also a great team guy and the most capable guy to come off the bench for a few weeks and lead a team to wins in the absence of your starter.

THAT’s what I’m about.

I love Fitz, but he is simply too hot and cold at times...and too old now. I also think that the guy is so gutsy that he plays very hurt and causes his own issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

We’re not giving away a second round draft pick for originally a promising QB, when he was drafted to a damaged product as he was mishandled for three years.  The only teams that will probably consider are Chicago, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Atlanta, and maybe NO.  Probably not as Hill did ok yesterday, and Payton states he doesn’t see Winston throwing as many picks in his system.  Darnold needs to reset himself for a year backing up an aging QB, and hopefully one of the better coaches in the league can work on improving his skills and decision making choices.