Could Darnold end up backing up Allen in Buffalo?

DJB

Sounds crazy right? 

Well I could see this happen. The Jets look like they will be in the hunt for a new QB at the draft. (Not here to argue whether that is the right decision or not. However teams that don't win a game usually draft a QB). 

While we haven't seen Fromm, Barkley is a replacement level backup. 

Plus everyone knows that Josh and Sam are super tight. 

Is it likely the Jets move Darnold out of the AFCE?

Likely. 

But I don't think its a crazy scenario that Darnold ends up in Buffalo somehow. 

Thoughts Bills fans? 

Edited by DJB
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No way are they trading him in the division or the Bills are giving up draft picks for a Backup QB

I do think its far fetched, but for some reason it just feels right. 

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Mitch Trubisky will be signed as our backup QB in the off-season. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What?!!!  

Say more

Another Carolina connection!

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What?!!!  

Say more

Lmao. This is all gut. 

I think Mitch has a similar skill set to Josh, at least closer then Barkley. Mitch will come pretty cheap because he’s been bad in Chicago. Bills liked Trubisky coming out of college. 

I just think it makes a lot of sense. 

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Another Carolina connection!

Haha it never ends! 

I also think that Nagy gets fired this year and both Daboll and Bienemy get HC jobs. I wouldn’t be shocked if we pursued Nagy to be our OC (was McDermott’s first choice when he came here I believe, then Childress and eventually we hired Dennison), but I bet he ends up in KC. Dorsey will likely become OC. 

All speculation of course. 

Edited by JGMcD2

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Lmao. This is all gut. 

I think Mitch has a similar skill set to Josh, at least closer then Barkley. Mitch will come pretty cheap because he’s been bad in Chicago. Bills liked Trubisky coming out of college. 

I just think it makes a lot of sense.

Closer than Barkley I grant. 

I was hoping that we'd used a 5th round draft pick on a backup QB since we didn't use it on a TE or a LB or a G or a DT or some useful player  like that. 

I guess Fromm is enough of a dark horse that even if they like what they see in his solitary Covid Camp, it would make sense they want to sign someone else.

I wonder if one of the teams that need a QB will figure maybe the Bears are just one of those teams that make QBs look bad and take a flyer on him to compete as a starter.

I’d be down for Trubisky.  

Darnold isn’t happening, and I’d be shocked if he fetched a 2nd with only one year left before the option year and the Jets unable to get him on the field to prove anything.  

Edited by SCBills