Who is your favorite Place Kicker in Bills history?

LB48

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

Is there any other answer than Nick Mick O Meyer? 🤣

Just to show how far kicking has come in the last 40 years, Mike-Mayer lasted 11 years in the NFL and boasted a 56.4% FG rate. In 11 years in the league he made 1 FG over 50 yds. He was slightly better than a coin toss every time he lined up to kick!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yes, sir.  

I always loved his Hungarian surname.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he was pro football's first soccer style kicker.  A trend was started.

Yes - the 1st soccer style kicker.  He played just 2 seasons with the Bills both being AFL Championships. He made the pro-bowl in 1965.  Then he 'jumped' to the Giants in the NFL which was historic at that time and played 9 more seasons. 

The Bills have never had much in the kicking department since I have been a fan in 2000. For most of my Fandom Lindell was the kicker and he was solid but I never really thought of him having good range. It seemed like with Lindel that they would be good from 45 yards and under and anything getting close to 50 was always dicey.

But they did get some good years here and there. Haush in 2017 was money and Carpenter in 2013 and 2014 was a stud. Hopefully Bass is the real deal for years to come.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, LB48 said:

Only 2 place-kickers in Bills history have a .0 % for Field Goals made.  Both attempted just 1 FG and missed. Can you name them??

Shayne Graham hit 75% of his FG attempts and lasted just 1 season.  Who had the 2nd highest FG completion % in Bills history??

My favorite is Dan Carpenter who played with the team from 2013-2016.  His FG % was 86.5 ( team record) and also made 14 of 21 kicks outside 50 yards. 

Most likely Steve Christie