Week 11 SNF: Chiefs at Raiders

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

But does that matter to pundits putting together their weekly TV and internet shows? I think no matter the Bills QB or any others they give more air time to the QB's that just won, not lost. If the Hail Murray didn't happen that clutch Allen pass to Diggs would have been talked about and lauded all week.

I agree, but as I often have to tell my wife, you didn’t answer the question I asked. Just responding does not answer my question.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

We know Allen had more 4th QTR comebacks. But I'll ask you, is that in part due to losing so many 1st half leads in the 3th QTR?

And what does 4th QTR comebacks have to do with a QB getting praise when winning a game vs. a QB not getting praise after losing a game?

I’ll respond that I LOVE a QB who steps up when the game is on the line. I love the drive and character of a guy who refuses to lose, and I think Josh has that in a larger dose than the average NFL QB. 

I believe that matters, and an entire team can sense that. It can be contagious. 

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I agree, it's very obvious Allens' teammates love that about him. However, Mahomes can and has done all that and more, and on much bigger stages, hence the benefit of the doubt when it comes to handing out accolades.

Allen has one playoff appearance, one in which the lead was blown and he mentally crumbled at the end. The people handing out accolades on national TV remember that.

I never meant to  equate the two. I’m not even willing to type out how it’s so different, because it’s so obvious it shouldn’t need to be stated. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Allen throws a game winning laser to Diggs, difficulty level expert, but no one talks about it because we gave up a freakin Hail Mary right after.

Mahomes rolls right under zero pressure and hits a wide open Kelce to win and...

OMG STUFF OF LEGEND 

Mahomes - Super Bowl winning QB, Super Bowl MVP, League MVP, that has thrown just 2 interceptions all year and that last drive was a hot knife through butter.  There was never any doubt...

This isn't his 1st rodeo, he does this.  His 3rd year as starter and we all know he's headed to Canton.  

Josh is good, but he isn't near that level.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Mahomes - Super Bowl winning QB, Super Bowl MVP, League MVP, that has thrown just 2 interceptions all year and that last drive was a hot knife through butter.  There was never any doubt...

This isn't his 1st rodeo, he does this.  His 3rd year as starter and we all know he's headed to Canton.  

Josh is good, but he isn't near that level.

Definitely not the point I was making, nor does anything Mahomes has done to become the best QB in the NFL have to do with my expression of frustration that Allen’s much tougher game winning TD ended up receiving zero attention due to the defense letting us down. 

Josh Allen has over double the game winning drives that Mahomes has.  Mahomes does a lot of things, one of them is not typically game winning drives. Mainly because he rarely needs them.  

Edited by SCBills