Flores: Tua benched, not hurt

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He has no deep ball proficiency and lacks awareness under pressure. 

His D/ST couldn't bail him out this week and after 3 weeks of tape we all saw the real Tua. 

Verdict: Still early but,....... MEH.......

Everyone in the league was saying the same thing about Allen after his first season. Maybe give it a little longer

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If the long term plan took precedent, they would have left him in if he was healthy. Jmo

It makes no sense to me because he was clearly only in there due to the long term plan and then they change their mind in the middle of this game? 🤣 like 'oh wait we are in the middle of a playoff race thats right'... what are they doing down there in Miami lol

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Everyone in the league was saying the same thing about Allen after his first season. Maybe give it a little longer

I think anyone would tell you josh is an absolute freak of nature size/athleticism wise and his ceiling was high even back then though I dont think Tua is really in that category as much...not saying he won't be good though I just dont think he'll be great

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Taking that line of argument to its logical conclusion, what did you tell those 50 other guys when you yanked Fitzy for Tua?

I disagreed with the decision but at that point you could still have gotten away with "we're trying to get better right now".

Now he's got himself in a much more complicated situation.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do you see as their long-term plan?

I think they want to give him This year and next to develop, in order to Contend in 2022-23. They’ll be using their significant draft capital over the next few years to infuse the team with talent and depth all Around him. Could Be wrong— but that makes the most sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Remember this from way back... maybe 6 days ago?

“I expected it to be a lot harder,” Tagovailoa told Pro Football Talk.

And that is leading with your chin. Dumbass thing to say and it only took NFL DCs a few games to disrupt his little glide path. Happily Fitz tossed a pick on cue!

• Like (+1) 1

I'll take all the dolphin disunity and coaching snafus I can get.  Better for us in the long run I think.  Their O line did Tua no favors today either. They benching him and announcing it wasn't health related is going to rock his confidence...GOOD I say.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

True, but....

Allen showed elite arm strength, elite athleticism and jaw dropping play ability in his first year and a half. All with Zay Jones, K. Benjamin, R. Foster, F. Gore and other stellar players LOL!!!

What has Tua shown? That he can manage a game once his D/ST spots him 14 points and a short field. 

He's accurate and may get better with more talent but as of right now,....MEH!...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Taking that line of argument to its logical conclusion, what did you tell those 50 other guys when you yanked Fitzy for Tua?

I’m guessing here, but maybe that the coach doesn’t have the answer? 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I disagreed with the decision but at that point you could still have gotten away with "we're trying to get better right now".

Now he's got himself in a much more complicated situation.

He certainly has. And “getting better right now” could have involved a bunch of different changes that didn’t include benching fitz, who was playing very well at the time. Now they’ve driven the first dagger into this kid’s confidence for really very little reason. Sure you want to beat Denver and stay on pace with the Bills but is being one game back (plus a half with the Bills’ tiebreaker) that bad a situation?

Only a fool puts Fitzpatrick in when the game is on the line. Guarenteed INT.

Fitzpatrick is really good when he is managing a winning effort, but he is terrible when you need him to win the game for you. He is the opposite of clutch.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1