Flores: Tua benched, not hurt

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tua is never going to live up to the #5 overall pick. The Dolphins are not a team that Bills fans ever need to worry about long-term. As long as the Dolphins are committed to Tua, they are not a threat at all. Tua is not good.

Imagine if Josh Allens career was determined after 3 starts?  

I’m not a Tua fan, but he’s not a guaranteed bum, yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tua is never going to live up to the #5 overall pick. The Dolphins are not a team that Bills fans ever need to worry about long-term. As long as the Dolphins are committed to Tua, they are not a threat at all. Tua is not good.

Dolphins kind of messed up. Benching a team favorite like Fitzpatrick when you're in the middle of a playoff race was pretty risky. They put a lot of pressure on Tua for no reason. 

21 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Did Josh ever pitch an 88 yard 3 quarter effort??? 

Actually yes...this year. With about 9 minutes left in the KC game he was something like 9/22 and 66 yards. That was nearly a 3.5 quarter effort. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tua won't be a good NFL QB. The guy was a College System QB. He was throwing to 3 1st round NFL WRs while having 3 1st round NFL OL. It's the easiest situation a QB could possibly be in. Every throw he made was over the middle to a wide open receiver, from a squeaky clean pocket. That does not translate to the NFL game. He is an undersized Pocket QB who is a sitting duck....kinda like Baker Manziel. He can't make big time NFL throws. Tua, much like Baker, already maxed out as a player in college.

Bills fans should have 0 worries about Tua long-term. He will not be a good NFL QB. Period. 

It‘s a common problem: Teams often evaluate a college QB without considering the team around him.  Mayfield is another example, and Mahomes and Herbert the flip side of that coin

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Jets were not beating the Dolphins even if the Dolphins had a Denver no QB situation. Miami is better everywhere. 

If the Dolphins passed for 95 yards again and the Jets avoided more than a TO or 2, they might have won.

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

Did Josh ever pitch an 88 yard 3 quarter effort??? 

Yes, actually he did worse than that

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401030702

14 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If the Dolphins passed for 95 yards again and the Jets avoided more than a TO or 2, they might have won.

Yes, actually he did worse than that

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401030702

There is no way the Jets are not turning it over against that Miami D. The Jets are trash. They have about 5 NFL starting level players on their whole roster at this point and a couple of those are rookies.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Imagine if Josh Allens career was determined after 3 starts?  

I’m not a Tua fan, but he’s not a guaranteed bum, yet. 

Yeah, 3 games is too few.  I think he'll prove to be a bust because I think he was surrounded by amazing talent and was injury-prone, but it's still too early to declare that.

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is no way the Jets are not turning it over against that Miami D. The Jets are trash. They have about 5 NFL starting level players on their whole roster at this point and a couple of those are rookies.

Maybe. I think the jets could play it extremely safe and win that game. If the Dolphins get 200 yards of offense and force no turnovers, they will not win many games

With Fitz starting today, I actually think thats an easy Miami win now. With Tua, Jets had a decent shot 

38 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Maybe. I think the jets could play it extremely safe and win that game. If the Dolphins get 200 yards of offense and force no turnovers, they will not win many games

With Fitz starting today, I actually think thats an easy Miami win now. With Tua, Jets had a decent shot 

Think you are underestimating how bad the Jets are.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I cannot see the Jets going 0-16. I strongly believe that they are going to win one of their remaining games, and why not this one? Miami is better, but they’re not that good and this is still an any-given-Sunday league. This is their most winnable game (by far, actually) of their remaining six, and I guarantee you that a) Gase does not to go winless and b) Gregg Williams does not want to be the first coordinator in history to preside over two 0-16 teams.

Edited by dave mcbride

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I cannot see the Jets going 0-16. I strongly believe that they are going to win one of their remaining games, and why not this one? Miami is better, but they’re not that good and this is still an any-given-Sunday league. This is their most winnable game (by far, actually) of their remaining six, and I guarantee you that a) Gase was not to go winless and b) Gregg Williams does not want to be the first coordinator in history to preside over two 0-16 teams.

I agree this is their best shot.  And with division rivals, you never know.

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So two weeks ago the phins we’re taking the division now people think they’re losing to the jets. 

I never thought they were taking the division.  And they were living off-of luck.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Was bummed when I saw the Dolphins were going with Fitz.  Thought the Jets had a chance if Tua played.  

They never had a chance, this was the best chance they had was with Fitz and they blew it. They want the #1 and will go with Gase to get it...

I guess if you want the #1 you get Gase as a 1 year guy.