Flores: Tua benched, not hurt

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He has no deep ball proficiency and lacks awareness under pressure. 

His D/ST couldn't bail him out this week and after 3 weeks of tape we all saw the real Tua. 

Verdict: Still early but,....... MEH.......

Yes, yes, yes, BB 81.  But he had a high completion percentage coming out of college, which also invariably means he is super accurate.  

You can’t teach that...ever.  You are born with it.  

No such thing as “Accuracy School” when you get to the NFL.

Never happens, never will.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The argument to play Tua is to see his potential. All the while trying to win the AFC East ? Illogical to evaluate him during season vs the 2nd best QB in draft. When Herbert was the pick. Dolphins will regret that pick and it will follow GM and coach of year. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think they want to give him This year and next to develop, in order to Contend in 2022-23. They’ll be using their significant draft capital over the next few years to infuse the team with talent and depth all Around him. Could Be wrong— but that makes the most sense to me. 

I think theyre not sure if he has the goods and theyre trying to decide if they should use Houstons first on a qb.  Thats a game they thought they could win if they swapped him out for fitz but they'll still start tua going forward.  Seems silly to me when you're a game out of the division lead but who am I to judge lol

Probably the biggest beef I can have with Flores over there. He’s done a great job. 
But I think it was dumb to bench Fitz while the team was hot and he was playing good. Tua should of came in during a bad Fitz game imo. Fitz was playing lights out for them. All the hype on that team since Tua took over was terrible. I’m 1000 times more scared of Fitz playing the rest of the season than the rookie. Kid was gonna have growing pains. And they bailed on him in a panic move. If you’re gonna bench Fitz you gotta stick with Tua 

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This is why people thought he pulled the trigger on starting Tua early if he cared that much about having the best chance for Ws this season he could of left Fitz the starter longer. Now he seems to be waffling back and forth which isn't a great idea.

Exactly. I liked the switch when he went to Tua. The Dolphins have Houston's pick which is possible QB range so they may as well see what they have in Tua cos the rest of the team is almost there as the winning run showed. If you have just struck out on the QB pick you can have a do-over in April. But when you make that move you have to know you are sacrificing short term success to find out. Once you make it you can't flip flop halfway through a game that is getting away IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Probably the biggest beef I can have with Flores over there. He’s done a great job. 
But I think it was dumb to bench Fitz while the team was hot and he was playing good. Tua should of came in during a bad Fitz game imo. Fitz was playing lights out for them. All the hype on that team since Tua took over was terrible. I’m 1000 times more scared of Fitz playing the rest of the season than the rookie. Kid was gonna have growing pains. And they bailed on him in a panic move. If you’re gonna bench Fitz you gotta stick with Tua 

Exactly.  You either play the short game and make a run at the playoffs with Fitz or play the long game and develop Tua as well as you can.  Playing out this game today would probably have benefited Tua more than the 3 prior wins combined.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Terrible coaching to mess with the kids confidence this early in his career. 

Coach got greedy hearing all the noise about them winning the division if you go with the rookie you’ve got to no there’s going to be growing pains but you got to give him the team good or bad. Now the young man is going to be thinking if My play is off I’m going to get pulled he shouldn’t have to worry about that right now 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Exactly.  You either play the short game and make a run at the playoffs with Fitz or play the long game and develop Tua as well as you can.  Playing out this game today would probably have benefited Tua more than the 3 prior wins combined.

It was a complete fail to bench him. 
We’re not talking a peterman meltdown where you HAVE to get him out of the game. They basically just created a media frenzy that’ll drive the whole team nuts now this week. On top of the fact guys like Parker have to prefer Fitz who gives them more opportunities to make plays. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Got to love Denver's plan "But what if we hit him like really hard."

Even better "what if we confuse him with our coverage, then hit him like really hard"

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I have zero desire to be playing a week 17 game against Fitz in a game that matters. None. Zip.

Me too, and if the Bills are who we think they are that won't happen because we'll take care of business from next Sunday until then

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I have zero desire to be playing a week 17 game against Fitz in a game that matters. None. Zip.

No game is a gimme, we all know that, but imo we will win the east, regardless of who the start at QB. 

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Remember that week 17 game he brought the jets to Buffalo and they had to win to get in the playoffs and the bills were playing for nothing and Fitz futzed

• Like (+1) 4

But according to all the talking heads he's already a lock to be a future MVP and the Dolphins are the best team in the AFCE. 

The dolphins are not that good. They are a very average team. Actually on paper they are awful.. look at their offense!!!

Glad all this BS hype will die down now. 

Edit: But they are very well coached. Flores will have this team real good soon. But not this year. They just don't have the talent. 

Edited by Process
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2