Flores: Tua benched, not hurt

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think they still stick with Tua. They have a long-term plan here, even if it means losing the division. 

They have the Texans pick, which is a possible top 5 pick, i think they want to know what they have in Tua before making a decision to get another QB with that pick. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So I am a Flores fan but I think that is a bad move. He is right it gave them the best chance to win today. But you have to think longer term. Don't love it at all. 

You are telling Tua "you are always on a short leash kid". 

But are you also telling 50 other guys that one kid's development is more important to you than winning games right now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

They have the Texans pick, which is a possible top 5 pick, i think they want to know what they have in Tua before making a decision to get another QB with that pick. 

If so, It looks like they are getting the answer that they didn’t want...

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So I am a Flores fan but I think that is a bad move. He is right it gave them the best chance to win today. But you have to think longer term. Don't love it at all. 

This is why people thought he pulled the trigger on starting Tua early if he cared that much about having the best chance for Ws this season he could of left Fitz the starter longer. Now he seems to be waffling back and forth which isn't a great idea.

• Like (+1) 2

4 starts. ONE game where he led his offense to over 300 total yds. It was whopping 310 vs the cards. 

that’s absolutely awful. The hype was completely absurd. The style in which they were winning games with the defense and special teams scoring points and creating short fields isn’t remotely close to sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Flores wanted that win BAD

Likely so, his issue is that he has Fitz and Tua for QBs... and we know what that will get you, that and two bucks will get you a coffee at Dunkin Donuts, 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do you see as their long-term plan?

If they think Tua is the guy, how is it  consistent with a long-range plan to yank him?

I believe when they got lucky and won the last three weeks - the plan changed to a shot to win this year and therefore when he struggled - the coach made the change.

It reinforces that the head coach was not totally on board with starting him at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also telling him that you don’t believe he can bring them back from a 10 point deficit. Strange message to send to a young guy where confidence is most important. 

• Like (+1) 1