Burrow done for the year (knee)

Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

When they won’t show the replay, you know it’s bad.  Hopefully it’s not as serious as indicated. Was having a good rookie season and I liked where he was heading. 

For those worried about the Dolphins, they play the Bengals in two weeks 

Well Burrow can ask Tua for recovery advice after that game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30366545/cincinnati-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-carted-knee-injury

On Sunday afternoon, Burrow sent out a tweet thanking people for support and suggesting he was done in 2020. "Thanks for all the love," Burrow said. "Can't get rid of me that easy. See ya next year."

1 hour ago, Groin said:

Given what I saw, "gone for the year" would be very optimistic.  Not good.  At all.

Totally agree.  I saw it on Red Zone and that leg was planted when he was hit low and fell forward.  There is no way anything could have bent that should not have been bent.  😰

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Another easy win for the Dolphins in a few weeks, not that they were probably going to lose this game even with Burrow playing.

Crushing loss for such a promising rookie QB though.

Yes because a team that’s gonna lose to the 3-6 broncos has a lot of “easy” wins coming up...😂

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Meaning what exactlyMeaning what exactly

21st century medical advances.  Players almost never have career ending injuries anymore.  A knee injury in 1980 could end a career, in 2020 they're back in a year & better than ever 2 years later. Marcus Dupree would have had a long career with today's surgical methods.  

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Since when is a torn ACL a career ending injury

When I saw the play initially because his left leg was planted, I thought a lot worse.  In seeing the replay I expected an ACL.  In truth, relatively speaking, Burrow is lucky.  He'll work and get well and will hopefully have a long career.