Burrow done for the year (knee)

Virgil

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

BTW, i looked into that, a good charity and worthwhile cause.  I threw a few bucks into the kitty.  It might be nice for Bills fans to make a showing there.

You can leave a note and I identified myself as a member of Bills Mafia who are there for others.  I didn't want my name posted, but I hope they post the note.

• Like (+1) 1

Watching that play again today makes me realize how when Josh Allen throws with pressure around him, he is often throwing off base with his knees bent, sort of in a squat. Obviously, it is a freak injury that could happen to anyone, but wonder if the way Allen has built a habbit around throwing from atypical platforms with a high level of accuracy is about more than speeding up the release and making sure he reduces the likelihood of hits with all his wait on a single locked knee.

6 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Watching that play again today makes me realize how when Josh Allen throws with pressure around him, he is often throwing off base with his knees bent, sort of in a squat. Obviously, it is a freak injury that could happen to anyone, but wonder if the way Allen has built a habbit around throwing from atypical platforms with a high level of accuracy is about more than speeding up the release and making sure he reduces the likelihood of hits with all his wait on a single locked knee.

Let's hope Allen avoids injury. Alot of these plays just seem to be so unlucky

I haven’t read this entire thread. But I’ve read some news stories on it. I also did the worst possible thing, which was watch the replay on YouTube.  It seems he’s torn everything you can tear. 

I know literally NOTHING about injury rehab, but  I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him start again until the ‘22 season. 

Just a horrible misfortune for what seems to be a good kid (with a ***** ton of talent.) 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, london_bills said:

Let's hope Allen avoids injury. Alot of these plays just seem to be so unlucky

It really wasn’t luck with Burrow.  The Bengals put him behind a putrid OL.  Some of us saw this coming.  The Bungles are probably going to waste a tremendous QB prospect in the same way Luck was wasted by Indy. 

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

It really wasn’t luck with Burrow.  The Bengals put him behind a putrid OL.  Some of us saw this coming.  The Bungles are probably going to waste a tremendous QB prospect in the same way Luck was wasted by Indy. 

From what I've read burrow was getting hit alot and still dropping back for 40 passes a game yes. Certainly the bills have made an effort to protect Allen with the OL which is good. When it comes to the Prescott injury for example it just shows that these freak things can happen and there's still an element of bad luck with some QB injuries.