Burrow done for the year (knee)

Virgil

Hate to see any injury like that to anyone, but especially someone who is getting so fun to watch. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% start of next year.

For a Bengals fan, anything is possible, but they are likely to be drafting in the top 5 for sure....and might have the chance at anyone...the single best non-QB in the draft.  Could be a big addition for next year and something to look forward to if Burrow is back.

Is this Carson Palmer part II for the Bengals??

Promising QB whose career never was the same there after the injury? Palmer resurrected his career in AZ but he kind of wandered around the desert for about 5 or 6 seasons before the late career surge...

8 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Another easy win for the Dolphins in a few weeks, not that they were probably going to lose this game even with Burrow playing.

Crushing loss for such a promising rookie QB though.

Dolphins are awful. They can lose to anyone.

The hit from the from was *in this day and age) highly illegal, and combined with the hit from behind, a guarantee to produce a catastrophic knee injury.  The league ought to suspend the guy who hit him low.

I did not see how it happened.  The video is a pretty small screen.  Accounts say Cincinnati's guard, Michael Jordan actually pushed Washington's D-lineman Jonathan Allen low into Burrow's leg..  I guess you can't suspend a guy when that happens.  I suspect Michael Jordan's blocking leaves something to be desired though.

Edited by TigerJ

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Man this is exactly what you fear in that situation.  With multiple ligaments and other structural components- you are looking a a full year rehab. 

So sad for someone that genuinely seems like a decent guy playing for a heartbreaking team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Man this is exactly what you fear in that situation.  With multiple ligaments and other structural components- you are looking a a full year rehab. 

So sad for someone that genuinely seems like a decent guy playing for a heartbreaking team.

The Curse of Carson Palmer with the Bengals...let's hope he doesn't come back like a shell of his former self like Palmer did before resurrecting his career late with the Cards for a few years.

For those that don't remember, Palmer looked like he was about to become the next great NFL QB and he took a hit(near the same place on the field if I am not mistaken) in a playoff game against Pittsburgh and tore his ACL.  Never was the same player for the Bengals again...

Edited by matter2003

Warning: not for the weak of stomach.

This is my answer for those who say running QB will have shorter careers.  Yes, running QB who put their shoulder down and hit people like Josh Allen does at times - not good.  

But QB who stay in the pocket and get hit to make a throw can suffer gruesome injuries.

QB who are mobile and avoid most hits but selective about sliding, getting out of bounds etc probably the best case.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Feel bad for Burrow and all of the Bengal fans.

I would be distraught if that happened to Allen.

I wonder if the Bengals will draft a QB. 

I think this is an interesting (and very unfortunate) question.  The have a good shot at a top 3 pick.  Before the injury - I thought potential trade down and begin to rebuild the OLine to support Burrow.  

Now if this is a legitimate 1 year injury - so he is missing part of the 2021 season - it becomes a legitimate question because it potentially kills another Bengals season.

I still expect them to draft support pieces because of what Burrow has shown, but I can’t imagine that coaching staff having a lot of freedom with how bad that team has been since they got rid of Marvin Lewis.  It could be an interesting time as they decide how to move forward and I really feel for them.

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Bengals fans are taking a page from the Bills mafia and donating to Burrow's hunger charity.  

Bengals fans donate more than $27K to Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund following QB's injury (nfl.com)

BTW, i looked into that, a good charity and worthwhile cause.  I threw a few bucks into the kitty.  It might be nice for Bills fans to make a showing there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think this is an interesting (and very unfortunate) question.  The have a good shot at a top 3 pick.  Before the injury - I thought potential trade down and begin to rebuild the OLine to support Burrow.  

Now if this is a legitimate 1 year injury - so he is missing part of the 2021 season - it becomes a legitimate question because it potentially kills another Bengals season.

I still expect them to draft support pieces because of what Burrow has shown, but I can’t imagine that coaching staff having a lot of freedom with how bad that team has been since they got rid of Marvin Lewis.  It could be an interesting time as they decide how to move forward and I really feel for them.

This is why a QB who has shown he can start and win some games in the NFL will always have a job.  If (say) the Bengals could sign Fitz or someone like him - perfect.