Week 11 Around the League

Haven’t seen much of the Steelers, but they aren’t very impressive right now.  

Defense gets pressure on Luton, but Jax offense is also terrible - missing open throws and dropping easy catches.  

On offense, they run a lot like we’ve been, no real speed backs and everything is no gain to a yard or two.   Big Ben has a few good first down throws, but also threw a could-be pick that was dropped. 

As I type this, Claypool beats his man and Ben drops a 35 yard dime for a TD. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Haven’t seen much of the Steelers, but they aren’t very impressive right now.  

Defense gets pressure on Luton, but Jax offense is also terrible - missing open throws and dropping easy catches.  

On offense, they run a lot like we’ve been, no real speed backs and everything is no gain to a yard or two.   Big Ben has a few good first down throws, but also threw a could-be pick that was dropped. 

As I type this, Claypool beats his man and Ben drops a 35 yard dime for a TD. 

Claypool is Metcalf-ish

11 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Odd play in washington by Cincinnati.

4th and goal Cindy goes for it.

burrow scrambles snd decides to run

he’s hit and fumbles into end zone.

Its brought out then fumbled back into the end zone, recovered by Washington in end zone.

ruled a safety

flag for-off holding 

then  the ruling was reversed on reply.

theyrules the first attempted return wasn’t a possession.  Thus end zone recovery is a touchback

Holy.....that is messed up. 

Just now, TBBills said:

Lawrence is laughing at both of them b.c he is going back to college if either of them get first.

Lawrence will go to Jacksonville if they get the first pick.

A lot less pressure will be on him there and there won't be any St. Doug to ruin him.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Joe Burrow is the best rookie QB I've ever seen and that includes Marino.  When you consider what he has to work with his productivity is simply astonishing.

Impossible for a rookie to ever be as good as Marino was.

It wasn't like Miami had all world talent on offense.

Remember, pre-Marino, that offense was brutal.

6 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

if they win today, the sports media will start talking where not long ago it seemed their chance of post season was nil.

The same sports media that was praising them for the Newton signing after 2 weeks. Sometimes I feel like anyone can be a sports media person. You just go with whatever the hot thing is at the time, then when it goes away in 3 weeks you say how trash it is and don't bring up how you praised it 2 weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Lawrence is laughing at both of them b.c he is going back to college if either of them get first.

I don’t think he’d have any issue with Jax.  They are driving distance from Cartersville, GA.  

I doubt he’d threaten the Jets, but I truly don’t think he wants to go there.  He clearly made a statement pointed at the Jets when mentioning his options.. he didn’t need to answer that question.   He’s also a small town, southern guy who doesn’t seem to care about “branding himself” in a big market (as if that’s even a thing anymore). 

1 minute ago, Justin C said:

The same sports media that was praising them for the Newton signing after 2 weeks. Sometimes I feel like anyone can be a sports media person. You just go with whatever the hot thing is at the time, then when it goes away in 3 weeks you say how trash it is and don't bring up how you praised it 2 weeks ago.

Colin Cowherd has made millions using that exact blueprint. His talent is he can make any bull#### opinion sound logical.

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

Colin Cowherd has made millions using that exact blueprint. His talent is he can make any bull#### opinion sound logical.

My favorite is his comment on the 2018 draft.  The Jets and Cardinals won the draft because they got the franchise QBs.