Week 11 Around the League

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Honestly i.would father face the ravens as the bills for right now how this season is playing out.

I don’t know we should have beat them last year I this this year we would destroy them ( Browns )

Edited by Putin

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

Disagree. Good defense and excellent rushing team and we are terrible vs the run.

It's hard to get a good gauge of their defense as they've played in horrible weather the last month or so.  Their secondary outside Ward is suspect and their LB's are average.  I like our chances of loading the box and making Baker Mayfield beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Looking at the Raiders score at will vs Chiefs I am disappointed with the game plan when we played the Chiefs. McDermott coached scared and that we reflected in Allen approach to the game

Josh forced the ball into coverage instead of taking checkdown against Chiefs. Checkdowns can turn into big plays. Carr had a couple 5 yd checkdowns turn into 15 yd plays 

8 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

They had a shot at Herbert and chose not to. Huge mistake and Texans likely pick 6-10 so doubt anyone is going to be as good as Herbert once Clemson kid goes to Jets or Jags. This tryout for Tua is irresponsible and may cost them playoffs. 

It's not irresponsible if Tua  is their QB of the future. Just making the playoffs and doing a one and done instead of developing your rookie QB would be irresponsible.  In Eli Manning's rookie year Coughlin benched Warner when the Giants were above .500 and Eli was horrible for about 5 straight games.  Coughlin cost them the playoffs, but later won 2 Super  Bowls with Eli because he did the right thing when Eli, who developed into one of the best clutch QBs in the league, was a rookie

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like Herbert.  But I think at this point it's early days to pronounce which pick is better.  Who was the best QB drafted in 2018, as seen 10 games into the 2018 season?

Good point.  If Herbert does a ton of commercials next season I'd be concerned.  This is a really good QB class so far though as Burrow and Herbert have exceeded expectations. 

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Are you kidding me?  The Browns would be a dream matchup.  They may be the worst 7-3 team of all time.

Hmm. Not sure I agree. While they are inconsistent to say the least they have an opportunistic defense and a hard nosed running game that could post the Bills problems IMO. There are other wildcard teams I'd rather play put it that way.

3 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Tua is no Eli manning.

Maybe not but the Dolphins have to find out who he is and think long term. Going back to Fitz yesterday was one of the worst coaching decisions of the season and what it tells me is a coach who was thinking long term has got slightly dazzled by how close his team is to a playoff spot.

10 hours ago, Putin said:

So the Titans and Ravens would be better match up for the Bills ? 

Indy are the team I'd want to play personally (if it isn't Miami which would be the absolute best case scenario). I don't buy them at all. Failing that yes I'd rather play the Ravens than the Titans or the Browns. Think the Bills have a blueprint on playing that offense and I don't think they'd score more than 20 on us even with our defense having taken a significant step back.

Edited by GunnerBill

The following possible playoff teams dont scare me:

Dolphins

Ravens

Browns

The below don't scare me much....

Colts...dome team, old warm weather QB who plays in a dome, but can sling it and has a decent D. History of playoff choking from QB.

The Raiders do scare me a little, but we know we match up w them and I like us to win in Buffalo. History of playoff choking.

Tenn scares me, but we can beat those guys. They are good, and Tannyhill has pushed them in playoffs before.

Of course Chiefs and Pitt are the best.

Edited by RichRiderBills

24 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If we’re ever gonna beat the Chiefs we gotta find an elite pass rush.  That was the easiest 2 minute drive to win a game last night that I think I’ve ever seen.  

I feel like we actually do have a top of the line pass rush.  Most metrics show that.  

Where we've been hurt is in the run game and when QB's are able to quick release against our beat up linebacker group and corners who can't stay on the field.

Outside of McD/Frazier and scheme, hopefully Edmunds and Milano healthy for the stretch run fix those issues.  

In regards to the Chiefs/Raiders game winning drive... that was strange... I know Mahomes is that dude, but the Raiders gave him about 5 no resistance wide open passes to go in for the win.

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I feel like we actually do have a top of the line pass rush.  Most metrics show that.  

Where we've been hurt is in the run game and when QB's are able to quick release against our beat up linebacker group and corners who can't stay on the field.

Outside of McD/Frazier and scheme, hopefully Edmunds and Milano healthy for the stretch run fix those issues.  

In regards to the Chiefs/Raiders game winning drive... that was strange... I know Mahomes is that dude, but the Raiders gave him about 5 no resistance wide open passes to go in for the win.

I agree on our pass rush. We're actually very good at causing pressure and chaos and the last month finally getting sacks. 

I could be wrong but I think Edmunds has looked much better in the last 2 games,  I'm thinking his shoulder finally healed up , just seems more explosive and decisive and that has impacted the whole defense